• April 22, 2024, 11:25:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera only writing evt*.log files to SMB  (Read 2670 times)

NDLBox

• Level 1 Member
Camera only writing evt*.log files to SMB
« on: November 16, 2013, 06:58:41 AM »

I want to setup my cameras with two events - every time motion is triggered (PIR on the HD cams, video motion on the lower end cams).  The first, highest priority one is send an email with 10 pictures to a gmail account (send it to the trash so auto deleted after 30 days).  The 2nd is to write the same pictures to an SMB share on my NAS for easy review.  Both are set to wait 30 seconds between triggers.

Problem is, only the emails have pictures attached.  The SMB share just has evt_*.log files in it that say "Event : Passive Infrared sensor."

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
Re: Camera only writing evt*.log files to SMB
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:25:23 PM »

I don't have good solution, but I think this is connected to performance and overloading: if you set the first email task into something lighter, like sending only few pictures, or smaller pictures, it might allow the second task to perform better.
I don't have good exact solutions, but if you play with those kind of settings you might find out something.

I have similar: if I send lots of pictures through the email, then the FTP transfer does not work properly. But currently I have done Sir of compromise. One thing that might mean something if you use the same _media_ for both events or not: try using different sets if it helps?