• April 24, 2024, 06:59:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dlink 942L motion detection will NOT work for emails.  (Read 5607 times)

michaelbyrns

• Level 1 Member
Dlink 942L motion detection will NOT work for emails.
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

??? I have a 932L already and wanted to add another camera, so I purchased the 942L in the US. I live in Canada. The 932 works perfectly, emailing me without any problem. Set up was a breeze. This new camera appears to be a problem. I cannot get this turkey to email. I am very computer literate, and I have been working on this thing for ages now without success. I would like to return this thing and get another 932, but hard to do from here. Sorry that I bought this paperweight. I see from these forums that nobody else appears to have gotten it to work either. By the way, I upgraded it to the latest version firmware, no change.

Has anyone gotten this thing to email images using the motion detection?

mrMagoo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dlink 942L motion detection will NOT work for emails.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »

Mine is working when it feels like it.... but I think its more down to the motion trigger than email itself.

That said, I have not been able to get email to work when the camera is set to a fixed IP,
and yes, settings like dns, gatway etc. are correct. So if you have fixed, revert back to DHCP
and test it again.

//mrM

troy0brown

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dlink 942L motion detection will NOT work for emails.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:41:45 AM »

I have the same problem but no solution for you.

I have a 930 and a 932 set up that send e-mails to a fault.  However, my new 942 will not send any snapshot e-mail or video e-mail with the identical gmail setup.

I also consider myself to be fairly computer literate so it's incredibly frustrating when something does not function when it has an identical setup.