• April 16, 2024, 12:07:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DNS-345 - Firmware v1.03b06 - Comments & Observations  (Read 15462 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-345 - Firmware v1.03b06 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 04:41:08 AM »

Better to be safe than sorry.  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Leathal

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »

Should I be upgrading from the first release of 1.02 to the second release of 1.02 to 1.03 or does 1.03 consist of everything in between?

Seeing that Dlink has been able to add iSCSI support finally they should be able to fix the load balancing issue were by their software creates a virtual NIC that get the IP and MAC address assigned, the two physical NIC's never get IP address as they are managed by the OS.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:13:01 AM by Leathal »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »

Should I be upgrading from the first release of 1.02 to the second release of 1.02 to 1.03 or does 1.03 consist of everything in between?

The firmware upgrades are not additive. Every firmware upgrade completely overwrites the existing firmware file (i.e. each firmware file is self-contained and independent).

Leathal

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 04:56:30 AM »

The firmware upgrades are not additive. Every firmware upgrade completely overwrites the existing firmware file (i.e. each firmware file is self-contained and independent).

This is not entirely true. See my post about LDAP authentication in the main forum list. If the firmware completely over wrote everything then I wouldn't be seeing the message I am.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »

This is not entirely true. See my post about LDAP authentication in the main forum list. If the firmware completely over wrote everything then I wouldn't be seeing the message I am.

The firmware file does overwrite all of the code from the previous install. However, the user settings/configurations carry over from version to version unless you perform a factory reset to purge those modifications. The settings that you made are the likely cause for the message your referring to.

aradwan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 11:15:47 PM »

i just app more than 10 torrent in p2p but when the p2p start to download it download frist 10 and after finshed them it dos not statr the other torrent by it self
i should frist remove the completed ones and the p2p ststrt download the other
is this nomal ? or it just a bug in this version
and you said in the new version the p2p it will open in defrent page (but p2p still the same as the old version)

one think else i am from cairo the every time the device restare it change the date by it self and the time zone for cairo is completely wrong time ? why

JPC227

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 04:52:07 AM »

Hi,

I've just bought a DNS-345 and have attempted to install V1.03B06 of the firmware to upgrade it from V1.02 that was installed on delivery.

The experience has not been good!

Once I had installed V1.03 could no longer see or access any of the fileshares I had created using the V1.02 firmware.  I was also unable to see any fileshares I created using the new firmware, either from Windows 7 or from the user interface on the Drive itself.

The funny thing was that I could see all the folders if I accessed the drive using MyDLinkCloud but not on the drive itself.

I tried an earlier suggestion of reverting to V1.02 and reinstating the fileshares and reverting to V1.01 before upgrading directly to V1.03 but that had the same problem.

I've now reverted to V1.02 again and all seems to be working fine.

I think D-Link need to look at this release of firmware and their testing processes.

BlazeBlade

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 12:49:30 AM »

This must be a bug. But my 2 iSCSI targets just disappeared today.
They were just fine for the last 2 months but today started the NAS and the targets are gone from the Disk Management.

Added:
In case some else has similar issues. Just created those iSCSI target with exact the same name and boom they are all back. Weird.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:09:13 PM by BlazeBlade »
Pages: 1 [2]