The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-340L

340L upload help

(1/1)

Akehurst182:
Hello!

This is my first post so i don't know if this is the correct place to post this so im sorry.

Im currently using a d link 340l 4 bay with 1 WD red 6tb hard drive. The file system on the hard drive was set to EXT4 by the setup wizard and the raid is standard because i only have the 1 bay in use at the moment.

Im having an issue uploading files through sharecenter and through windows with files exceeding 2gb, this is a problem for me because some of my files are up to 30gb.

I have read that some file systems do not support large file transfers but an EXT4 system should? Im just wondering if im doing anything wrong or if there is something i can do.

If i upload anything below 2gb it does not fail and the files are viewable.

Please someone help!

Thank you

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DNS? Look at the sticker behind or under the device.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DNSs web page under status.
* What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?

ivan:
Have you setup CISF/SMB shares with user/password and given write permission?
Have you activated the FTP server and again setup an account with user/password?
How are you trying to copy the files from your computer to the NAS?
What version of windows are you using (there have been reported problems with win10 CIFS/SMB)?

Sorry to ask these questions but their answers do give us a fighting chance of helping you with your problem. 

For instance, if you have setup CISF/SMB Shares then you should be able to drag and drop any size file from your computer to the NAS using windows explorer, with the only problem being win10 in some cases.

Likewise, using the NAS FTP server and FileZilla FTP client you should be able to, again, move large files to the NAS (we regularly move 40 GB files to several of our NAS boxes once a week using FTP without any problems). 

FurryNutz:
Any status on this?  ???

--- Quote from: Akehurst182 on May 08, 2016, 04:10:11 AM ---Hello!

This is my first post so i don't know if this is the correct place to post this so im sorry.

Im currently using a d link 340l 4 bay with 1 WD red 6tb hard drive. The file system on the hard drive was set to EXT4 by the setup wizard and the raid is standard because i only have the 1 bay in use at the moment.

Im having an issue uploading files through sharecenter and through windows with files exceeding 2gb, this is a problem for me because some of my files are up to 30gb.

I have read that some file systems do not support large file transfers but an EXT4 system should? Im just wondering if im doing anything wrong or if there is something i can do.

If i upload anything below 2gb it does not fail and the files are viewable.

Please someone help!

Thank you

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version