• April 19, 2024, 04:50:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Recording directly to Buffalo Linkstation NAS  (Read 2819 times)

spec07

• Level 1 Member
Recording directly to Buffalo Linkstation NAS
« on: July 28, 2015, 10:33:51 PM »

Any idea if this is possible? Connected my DCS-930L to DNR-202L, instead of recording to the 2.5" USB HD plug to DNR-202L, can the recording be set to be recorded directly to my Buffalo Linkstation NAS?

Just purchase 1 DNR-202L, am thinking of this configuration so that if it is possible, I would have save up buying an extra 2.5" USB HD. And also could also make use of my NAS instead.

Anyone able to advice on these?

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: Recording directly to Buffalo Linkstation NAS
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 04:14:29 PM »

Hi there spec07,

There may be a better chance of an answer to your question on the Buffalo forums. I'm not familiar with those products, but have seen other brands that have surveillance software or NVR functions that are able to record the video stream directly.  See if your NAS does, at times there is only a matter of downloading the app to your NAS and setup/configuration to get done.   

You can always use your DNR-202L for recording and maybe back up to your NAS... just an idea.

Good luck!

caraM

• Level 2 Member
Re: Recording directly to Buffalo Linkstation NAS
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:33:23 AM »

Any idea if this is possible? Connected my DCS-930L to DNR-202L, instead of recording to the 2.5" USB HD plug to DNR-202L, can the recording be set to be recorded directly to my Buffalo Linkstation NAS?

Just purchase 1 DNR-202L, am thinking of this configuration so that if it is possible, I would have save up buying an extra 2.5" USB HD. And also could also make use of my NAS instead.

Anyone able to advice on these?

I'm thinking of doing exactly (almost) the same.  Did you get it working?  I have tons of available HD space on my Buffalo Linkstation, and the HD I had been using for my DNR-202L just died (I guess), so I've ordered a USB cable to attempt to connect the 2, but have my doubts it's going to work!
DCS-5009L with firmware v1.06.02
DIR-882 with fw current as of 4/28/18