• April 19, 2024, 02:54:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Getting kicked of ps3  (Read 6381 times)

CurbSmashX

• Level 1 Member
Getting kicked of ps3
« on: July 13, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »

Ok i hope u guys can help. I have fw 1.22 and after playing for 15-25 minutes i will start to get lag then i will get kicked from game. If i try to go back in it will work for a couple minute then the same thing. I have to shut off ps3 then go through it again. i also get ****py download speeds. I have tried to go back to fw 1.21 it worked for a bit but then the same thing. Have tried doing different setting but nothing seems to help. Please HELP.....Just today i kept getting a client overload from ps3 but all my friends would not get kicked just me.....the one with the expensive router :'( BTW I have cable internet
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:09:45 PM by CurbSmashX »

Trikein

Re: Getting kicked of ps3
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »

1. How is your network set up? PS3 wired or wireless?
2. Do you have any other problems with other computers in your network?
3. Do you have problems with the internet on the PS3 browser?
4. Have you ever not had the problem? Another words, has it ever worked well?
5. I assume Comcast in NY? Good area, theres a backbone that PSN uses that goes right through there.

CurbSmashX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »

1. How is your network set up? PS3 wired or wireless?
2. Do you have any other problems with other computers in your network?
3. Do you have problems with the internet on the PS3 browser?
4. Have you ever not had the problem? Another words, has it ever worked well?
5. I assume Comcast in NY? Good area, theres a backbone that PSN uses that goes right through there.
1. wireless
 2. other computers sometimes slow but do not lose connection
 3.PS3 browser although i do no use much seems ok
 4. it use to work good for months..started having problems with 1.21fw and now with 1.22
 5. Time warner... live about 1.5 hrs north west of NYC

Trikein

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:45:21 PM »

Then the name of the game is isolation and elimination. Isolate a symptom, then eliminate variables until you can find the cause. First isolate to either a wired or wireless issue by going wired for a game or two. See how it goes. If its about the same, switch back to wireless, if it completly goes away respond and I will change tactics.

If the symtom occured going from 1.20 to 1.21, then that was probably the UPnP patch that went into place. Try disabling it then fallow the stickey and PS3's support site to open all the ports manually. Give that a couple of games. If that continues, do a Speedtest.net test and pingtest.net test. That way we can see its a problem with general connetivity or just multiplayer.

Questions:

1. any connection between other PC's being slow and a more severe problem with the PS3?
2. Are there any other problems or glitches? Do you play any games on the PC? Any issues there? Youtube?
3. Did everything else stay the same except the change from 1.20 to 1.21? And did you even go from 1.20 to 1.21, or did you start from a earlier version?

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
  • Let me lend you a hand & solutions shall follow.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 08:56:31 PM »

What game are you playing online that does this? have you tried any other game? Because it can be the game server if it uses one. I also have time warner cable but through cablevision which time warner owns I guess. Anyways try this thread although this may not fix the problem it might help hopefully http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13109.msg77307#msg77307 It is a bit outdated since I created a new version its in process of being release. But yea good luck :)

To Triken:
So after a few weeks or maybe a month of thinking, my guess is that Trikein is your psn id :) lol Ill add soon.

--
Chris
Did I Help? If So, Say So! ShHHhh!, Just LookIntoMyEyees! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

Trikein

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »

Hehe. Yea. If you google it you get two things, me and people who like Trikes. Hehehe.

Anyway, yea, your right, alot of it can be the game. I will actually bring it a step further and say alot of it is the network outside of our control. Here is post that does a real good job of breaking down how P2P multiplayer works. And yes, I was into FP hardcore until recently, don't hate. :-)

http://cakelair.net/topic/1012-a-pretty-good-image-showing-p2p/page__p__15869__fromsearch__1&#entry15869

CurbSmashX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:22:44 PM »

Ok i set up gamefuel like in the post..still keep getting kicked of MW2 but all my friends never get kicked just me ??? Just checked my wireless stats sent 22541 TX packets dropped 84
received 20349 RX packets dropped 25 Errors 451.....I had just cleared stats today
Also keep getting a message from ps3 network says ( client overload)

Trikein

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »

Well I look around on some of the MW2 forums, and your not alone with this problem. I see it popping up around June, and it could have something to do with some change to the button layout? Or atleast indirectly related. From what I can gather, this happens when the amount of commands sent to the host in a given time goes past a certian threshhold built into the system to try to combat campers and glitchers. Do you have any mods or anything for the game that change it?  Basically too many commands are being sent or lag somewhere is delaying the commands until they come out in one burst. Kind of like crimping the hose until its pointed at your friends face and then letting go. As for whats causing your lag..thats a age old question and one I can't really answer remotly. Too many varibles. You need to troubleshoot yourself with lots of trial and error. I know first hand what a pain in the butt this can be, I used to be one of the main hosters for another popular PS3 game. I hope my info on the issue, and that link I posted helps explain it a bit. Good luck.

CurbSmashX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 06:09:29 AM »

ok my anger is GROWING. i'm running out of patience with this router. MW2 is now unplayable can play about 3/4 o***ame before getting kicked. My ps3 or anything else is not modded. I used to play with a linksys N adapter wga-600n with no problems then after getting fw 1.22 started having these problems, so i removed the linksys and went back to the ps3 wireless. it worked for a little while. then the same stuff started again..lag to getting kicked. Went back to FW 1.21 worked good for about 1 week then started again. Switched back to FW1.22 and here we are again......just want to play some MW2 and not baby this freaking router anymore.....sorry just venting....any new firmware soon? or any suggestions on a new router!!!

Trikein

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 07:05:32 AM »

Its not the hardware. Its the configurations and/or factors outside your control. Servers change, a backbone may be having problems, your ISP could be throttling, etc. Or it could be some setting you need to turn on your router that maybe came default with your other router. The thing is, if couldn't fix my own lag problme (mine was out of my control)  then how am I going to fix yours. Theres no easy answers hear. So if you want to rage, go ahead. It won't fix the problem though.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »

Have a review of this link and see if it helps:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13109.0
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.