• April 19, 2024, 02:22:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DNS323 and win 7 N  (Read 7732 times)

Lobben

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS323 and win 7 N
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 12:35:41 PM »

I feel so frustrated. I've tried with so many things. And no luck!

I appreciate all the help I can get ;)

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »

How about helping us to help you by performing the steps that gunrunnerjohn asked?

Can you ping other devices on your network, including the router- from this problem PC? How is it connected to your network?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:04:38 PM by jamieburchell »
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

Lobben

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 12:43:15 AM »

Yes of course will I help you help me. But that was really back to basic. I'm not a newbie with networking. I have really tried to search everywhere before I wrote here.

And to answer your questions.

Yes all computers are on the same network. Yes I can ping all the peripherals. When I try to access the nas with the unc-path I get the error message "0x800704cf".

Edit: I can access the web interface as well. But that is not really rocket science.

Edit 2: I wrote I couldn't see the device in networking. But that was wrong. I can see it. And when I double click it I end up in the web interface.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:53:15 AM by Lobben »

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 02:01:02 AM »

You can access the DNS-323 web interface by entering the IP address in a browser, but you can't ping it?? Double clicking the DNS-323 in Windows Explorer opens the web interface? That really doesn't make much sense.

Frequently when troubleshooting problems, "going back to basics" is key. The whole point is we are trying to get as much information about your setup as possible. You'll quickly find that if you can't be bothered to perform these steps people will be less willing to help.
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!
Pages: 1 [2]