• March 29, 2024, 05:47:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Did anyone have any trouble after updating to 1.04  (Read 38473 times)

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member
Did anyone have any trouble after updating to 1.04
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:46:29 AM »

Did anyone have any trouble after updating to 1.04? Is it needed to format hds?  Are there troubles???
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:25:07 AM by gugaucb »

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Update to 1.04
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:56:26 AM »

Yes - and - not if you're already using ext2.

Well - since the original poster has edited his question - I guess I need to reword my answer - so.

I've upgraded with no problems, I did not need to reformat, and I don't see any reason why it should be needed if you're already using ext2
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:12:10 PM by fordem »
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Troubles after update to 1.04.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 10:07:01 AM »

Did Somebody updated to 1.04? Is it needed to format hds?  Are there troubles???

The title of this thread is a little missleading. Should be more like "Did anyone have any trouble after updating to 1.04".

dicrouthamel

• Level 2 Member
Re: Did anyone have any trouble after updating to 1.04
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »

No problems here.  Everything working nicely.

skypx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »

No trouble here. Working great!

DN

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 02:57:52 AM »

1.03 to 1.04:
- Lost network shares configuration (other config ok)
- Swedish characters (едц) i file names are corrupt. Guess that Samba 3 & utf8 causes the change. New files created with Swedish characters work find when accessed from Vista, XP and Ubuntu.

Any ideas on how batch "rename" thousands of existing files that had Swedish characters in version 1.03??

Regards, Dan

skypx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 01:07:17 PM »

No issues. Working as it should.

dicrouthamel

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 05:09:21 PM »

1.03 to 1.04:
- Swedish characters (едц) i file names are corrupt. Guess that Samba 3 & utf8 causes the change. New files created with Swedish characters work find when accessed from Vista, XP and Ubuntu.

Any ideas on how batch "rename" thousands of existing files that had Swedish characters in version 1.03??

Regards, Dan

Yup, I have to report that as well now - didn't see it at first.  I lost my setup of network share configuration.  I had things setup specifically for me to acess (everything), and separate access for other family members.  It turned out that after updating to 1.04, it was configured for R/W access to everything for everyone!!

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 06:33:30 AM »

It fix something with Vista :
- It was impossible to start an EXE file from the NAS under Vista
- Everytime i open an Excel file from the NAS, and click on "record", it always ask me if i want to overwrite or create a backup file

now, it's fixed ! 

The only thing that still don't know if it's working properly, is the DOWNLOAD SCHEDULER. I have nothing that tell me the schedule work's great, and if something goes wrong, nothing to help me find what's wrong (password, username, wrong origin or destination,.. name of the file copied, date,...)

But for now, it's a good start.

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 10:58:17 AM »

Printserver not working anymore.
I can't print anything under WinXP or Vista.
I re-install the network printer, reboot the NAS, reset to factory default, reboot the printer... nothing works at all.

The document seem to go to the NAS, but the printer do nothing !

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »

I downgrade to V1.03, and it solve the problems.

So their is something in V1.04 that broke something. It fix problems, but add new one also !

rcblackwell

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:22 PM »

It fix something with Vista :
- It was impossible to start an EXE file from the NAS under Vista
now, it's fixed ! 

I'm still having this problem. Which version of Windows and how are your NAS groups configured?

Bob Blackwell
Pickering, ON
Bob Blackwell
Pickering, ON

AFTICARR.COM

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 03:06:34 PM »

Windows XP : no problems. V1.03 and 1.04 works OK to start EXE file direct from the NAS.
Windows Vista Familly edition Premium : Cannot start EXE from the NAS (V1.03), but wit Version 1.04, it's finaly working.

I have both version in French. I connect using this command line (it's a basic Windows command line)

net use m: \\YOURNASNAME\Volume_xxx\documents /user:yourusername yourepassword /persistent:yes

YOURNASNAME = The name of you're nas, visible under my network place. You must use the same WORKGROUP for all device (computer, NAS,..)
Volume_xxx = The DLINK Volume. Usualy Volume_1 or Volume_2
\Documents : The folder where you want to start
yourusername = the username you create on the NAS. This username must have access to the desire folder.
after the name = you put the password
/persistent:yes = that mean after you type this command, it will keep the drive letter and try to login again after reboot. If you choose "no", the driveletter diseaper after a reboot.

Note : with Version 1.04, i was unable to use the NAS NAME, so i replace the NASNAME with the IP Adresse of the NAS.

Note to all : i use a DHCP to fix the NAS adress with the MAC adress of the NAS. So it's the same IP all the time. But, i also try to manually enter the IP adress, with better result.

Rodent

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 01:33:14 AM »

After I updated the firmware from v1.03 to v1.04 I lost all of the network shares and the default volume_1 share with full access to all users was created, I only had three shares so I just re-created them and they are working fine.

Thanks
Rodney

1.03 to 1.04:

Regards, Dan

Rodent

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »

Here is saying thanks for adding Time Zone for (GMT+09:30) Adelaide,Darwin good to see, now if Daylight Saving Time could be added so that we could use the newly added Time Zones that would be even better.

Does not matter what NTP Server I use the time is out 1 hour because of Daylight Savings.

Anyone have any solution to this problem ???

Thanks
Rodney
Pages: [1] 2 3 4