• March 28, 2024, 10:32:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alternative Firmware?  (Read 17846 times)

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Alternative Firmware?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 10:07:53 AM »

As of right now the current 1.03 feature set should be locked. 1.03 is a Q2 release but I can not be more specific than that. One of the main goals of the beta code forums is to get that early feedback from customers and in turn find issues and correct them quicker than normal (or our normal at least).

ChibaMan

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 05:09:01 PM »

Great - look forward to this release.

Dad Man Walking

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »

...Therefore, it is incumbent upon D-Link, under FTC rules and regulations, to promptly correct defects in it that cause it to not work as advertised (advertising has been ruled to include everything that a manufacturer allows a customer can see prior to purchase -- user's manuals, printed ads, online ads, product descriptions, etc.)..

Uh...I would not hold my breath for the feds to take on this one for you, and I doubt it's even a Federal Trade Commission matter.  But you have cited the FTC twice now, so maybe you can provide some detail on exactly what D-Link is doing that is in viloation of FTC rules and regs.  Seems like a simple warranty matter to me...if it does not work as documented, then take it back and take your business somewhere else.  You make it seem like D-Link is the only company that has problems with this product category...have you looked at the other companies' forums?

nrf

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »

wow. talk about an attitude! "our product is not the only piece of crap out there, go buy someone else's if it isn't good enough for you!!"

I have learned my lesson on this one - don't buy any new products, wait 6 months of watching the product forums to see how it REALLY is and how responsive the company is if there are issues.
------------

nrf, bought into D-Link in too big a way:
DGL-4300, DNS-321, DGV-5102S, DGS-2208
once callvantage goes away, the only one left in service here will be the DGL-4300.
Pages: 1 [2]