• March 28, 2024, 06:17:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSL-2875AL  (Read 2172 times)

gekk0

• Level 1 Member
DSL-2875AL
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:49:52 PM »

Hi All,

I have just purchaced a new AC router, the DSL-2875AL, and have a few questions about its configuration. The built in help is not very helpful for advanced features. The English is obviously written by a person who does not speak English as a first language, so some of the advanced help information is of no help. QoS, i'm looking at you.

I have three ethernet devices, so the router is connected to a 5-port switch, which has two desktop computers and a VOIP analog telephone adapter (linksys SPA2102). The router has the current firmware.

My questions:

1 - As this AP supports multiple WLAN SSID's, Is it possible to setup a guest WiFi, where I can provide *only* internet, and keep my internal LAN seperated from the guest WiFi? If this is not possible, what this feature is supposed to be used for?

2 - QoS. Is there any useful information as to how to set this feature up? As I am not a network infrastructure engineer, I find the entire QoS configuration confusing, the built in help is difficult to understand due to the poor English, and explains very little. Hours of Googling cannot come up with any configuration guide for this specific router. All the dlink QoS guides I can find talk about models which have different (and easier) QoS configuration. This router does not have the "QoS Engine" that most information is about.

All I want is to ensure my VOIP traffic has priority, and being able to keep my Netflix/Lightbox/Neon streaming viable when others are downloading files.

3 -  The firewall. According to ShieldsUp, all of my ports are stealthed, except for port 1. While port 1 is thankfully closed, it is still returning packets and this leaves me visible to portscans, and all the risks that entails. All the firewall otions and "portscan protection" options are turned on. Is there any way I can fix this problem?

Id be very thankful if anybody can help with any of my questions.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:54:23 PM by gekk0 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DSL-2875AL
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:41:44 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your modem? Look at the sticker under modem.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the modems web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

From Australias web page, Guest Network is mentioned.
http://www.dlink.com.au/home-solutions/catalogsearch/result/?q=2875
I'm not sure if this is the same as Guest Zone. You might want to look at the User Manual as see if there is any information on how to configure Guest Network and QoS.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.