• March 28, 2024, 10:41:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help - recording intermittent  (Read 5352 times)

RossJames

• Level 1 Member
Help - recording intermittent
« on: November 17, 2020, 08:10:15 PM »

I have a DNR 202L recording video from a pair of DCS 2230 cameras. The system has worked well for many years, but I am suddenly having problems. When I go to the playback screen for last Friday, I get pretty much solid bars indicating recording throughout the day. As of last Saturday, there are just intermittent "slices". On a related note, I have suddenly also had some challenges accessing the DNR direct from the browser. It will work fine for a bit, but then suddenly time out. Unplugging the DNR and plugging it back in seems to make it work again, but not permanently. I am a bit confused by this as the DNR is hooked into the internet router with an Ethernet cable, so should be about the most constant connection. The other odd thing is that when the web browser is timing out, I can go to the internet router interface and see the DNR connected, and when I ping the DNR it responds. I think the issue is that the cameras lose connection to the DNR sporadically but not sure why this is happening. The DNR is firmware 2.04.03 - I am a bit reluctant to upgrade as it only fixes the date issue.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Help - recording intermittent
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »

The DNR is firmware 2.04.03 - I am a bit reluctant to upgrade as it only fixes the date issue.

Are you using a date/time in the past as a work around?

The only thing I would suspect is the router might be failing. Have you reboot that? 

I had one that really slowed down and was non responsive (asus).  Seemed okay with everything moved to new router, so I just ran 1 device one it (dcs-2132l) for a year - and ftp'd files well enough for a year.  But accessing the cameras f/w to update the server settings was almost impossible at times.

I took that camera off the router and put it on the main router, and boom - no more access problems. All the camera f/w pages loading in fast and very responsive.  I was ready to throw the camera out.  Here it really was the router.

RossJames

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »

Thanks for the response. The DNR seems to be working better - not sure what the issue was. The only problem now is that it occasionally starts beeping constantly. Does anyone know what this is? The manual doesn't say anything about it.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 08:24:12 PM »

Thanks for the response. The DNR seems to be working better - not sure what the issue was. The only problem now is that it occasionally starts beeping constantly. Does anyone know what this is? The manual doesn't say anything about it.

There should be error message in the log in the event viewer or one of the tabs on the bottom right of the main viewer.