• March 28, 2024, 03:50:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Prospective Customer of 202L Seeking Your AdviceL  (Read 2867 times)

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
Prospective Customer of 202L Seeking Your AdviceL
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:09:33 AM »

Has heat been an issue for this device? Would it if left along for a year? How about the attached USB drive? I understand it has no on off button. Can it be rebooted remotely? Seems its 4 cams max. Can I hook up more but only record for 4? Or do I need to buy an additional unit? Other than cost, why did you choose this over an NAS solution? If I am using a dual band router, would using a separate band help the bottleneck issue? OR is an access point switch setup the only way to work around it?

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
Re: Prospective Customer of 202L Seeking Your AdviceL
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »

It would be helpful of the mod answered my Qs instead of just pumping the products. I also sent a pre sales email to DLINK with absolutely no response. What kind of an operation is this?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Prospective Customer of 202L Seeking Your AdviceL
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »

Has heat been an issue for this device? Would it if left along for a year? How about the attached USB drive? I understand it has no on off button. Can it be rebooted remotely? Seems its 4 cams max. Can I hook up more but only record for 4? Or do I need to buy an additional unit? Other than cost, why did you choose this over an NAS solution? If I am using a dual band router, would using a separate band help the bottleneck issue? OR is an access point switch setup the only way to work around it?

I haven't encountered any user posts relating to heat, although I do recommend making sure the unit has proper ventilation, that is don't cover the vents and avoid stacking the device on a surface that's generating heat (e.g. on a router). I've owned many D-Link devices over the years and never had heat as the cause for device failure or poor performance.

From FAQ board: DNR-202L - How Many D-Link Cameras Can Connect to the DNR-202L?

DNR-202L vs. NAS: The DNR-322L provides a more integrated solution (i.e. internal storage) and supports up to 9 network cameras (I believe).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:03:28 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC