• March 28, 2024, 03:58:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-ViewCam 3.11 - Trouble setting up Live Streaming  (Read 5418 times)

bayclan

• Level 1 Member
D-ViewCam 3.11 - Trouble setting up Live Streaming
« on: January 01, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »

What I want to accomplish is to be able to view live streaming from my 3 cameras (dcs-930l) from remote locations over the internet without using mydlink.com since the video stream is limited to 1 minute of video.  I assume that once I get this set-up, I will be able to enter the public IP address of my router along with the correct port (5150 for live streaming) into an internet browser and will be able to watch my cameras.

I have read the 3.11 d-viewcam user manual and started the network service for live streaming and remote forwarding.  I have also gone into my router and port forwarded ports 5150 and 5160.  This is where I think a I am doing something incorrectly.  What LAN IP address am I forwarding these ports to so that I can view each of the cameras over the internet?  Is it the camera IPs, or the computer with D-viewcam installed IP, or is it an IP for D-viewcams network service?

Any help setting this up would be very much appreciated since this is driving me nuts trying to figure out.

I am running Windows 7 64bit, have a D-Link 825 router and using D-Viewcam 3.11.  All 3 cameras are DCS-930l.