• April 19, 2024, 07:13:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Beta firmware 1.21 Beta (3rd phase)  (Read 66184 times)

Airhead1127

• Level 1 Member
Re: Beta firmware 1.21 Beta (3rd phase)
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »

just wondering emil, did u download and apply the firmware? its been working great so far for me  :D

emilanderson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 04:08:10 PM »

I have & it works intermettinetly (spelling??) :-)

It finally fixed the time & is working in longer stints than the 30 minute intervals but it is really getting old... I am WONDERING if it is maybe a hardware failure moreso than a firmware issue... internal DCHP & internal network routing NEVER stopped... it was only tied to WAN performance & Wireless connectivity...

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »

Seeing as there has been really good results from the beta 3 firmware, I got my router out today and updated the firmware. After I did this, I went into the configuration menu and set a few items including passwords, and wireless configuration. Once I was done, I gave it to one of my neighbors who I knew could use it seeing as he is into WoW.

emilanderson,

One thing you might want to do is remove the Black metal shield from under the circuit board. It seems that with the A1 units they may have a problem with the leads on the bottom of the circuit board shorting out on the shield.

I removed mine early on and I noticed that there were some scratches on it from the leads on the bottom of the circuit board. It did seem to help alleviate some of the problems.

There are two screws located on the bottom of the unit under the rear rubber feet. After these screws are removed, turn the unit right side up, then squeeze the top edge along the back of the unit just above the wide band about a couple of inches from the sides, prying up at the same time like you're trying to get something stubborn open. After the first time, it becomes easy to repeat.

But as it is, I am satisfied with my NetGear WNDR3700
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

emilanderson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

Thanks, I believe they are going to send me a A2 replacement unit...we shall see :-) (i'd rather not void ANY kind of warranty if they are willing to work with me... if they screw me over then I'll see :-)

Airhead1127

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »

24 hours+ up and running very smoothly, still no disconnects

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 09:25:13 PM »

3 days up time so far and no problems yet waiting on the 4 days since i could never seem o get to it with the old firmware :P

Pulsar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 09:45:47 AM »

I've been hammering the router these past few days with all sorts of traffic and its showing no signs of slowing down. Looking good so far!

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »

I've been hammering the router these past few days with all sorts of traffic and its showing no signs of slowing down. Looking good so far!

Yep pretty much the same router is at 3 days 14 hours. Going to test out the wireless more but so far no problems.

Kalmicon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »

I have had the beta F/W installed for three days now and can see a increase in wireless speed on our home network. I have not had to power down the router daily because of lockup since the new F/W was installed, but when I check the uptime info I can see that it has been rebooting itself at least once in a 24 hour period since the beta F/W install so I thought I should share this info.

I have not had a chance to have my son use his X-box as he is only allowed to use it on the weekend, but will report back on performance of the network when it is under the largest wireless load our household can put it under with two wireless laptops and the X-box all on the network at once.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2009, 01:19:02 PM »

Must say using Beta 3 FW has improved functionality of my router. Not as many dead internet connections when comming home from work any more. Non to speak of since getting the FW on the 19th. My Mac laptop was in the shop so I haven't had a chance to check out wireless as of yet. I had to regress to wireless b for my older mac LT. Will check out wireless G and N this weekend.

Me and my buddy in OK haven't power cycled the router since applying B3 FW. Will see how long it will go, hehe.

My buddy in OK that was having tons of issues with his says he's seen dramatic improvements since updating to B3 FW. No more disconnects. Buddy said he was on the phone with this ISP and said they had noticed that the lines and signal on his DSL wasn't right and they would send out a tech. They called back a few days later and said the lines were good and the tech never showed up.  >:( They did get the DSL modem bridged properly and his now using PPPoE instead of DHCP for WAN.

Hopefully this was a FW issue and not a DSL line issue in part. He's been gaming on XBL and exercising the router fully. I've been doing the same. Played past couple of days on ODST FF Live and only notice minor lag times thinking it was normal for this. AutoFrag is off. Static reservations are enabled alone with Gaming and Gamefuel. Wish is off. I think SPI is off on my buddies but I have it on and End Point configured.

It would be nice to know if D-link wants us to test with some of these options, like Dynamtic DNS, Auto Frag, SPI, Wish and such. I've been using lean default settings and only enabling gaming stuff mostly. What does d-link for gaming networks and non gaming networks? Any thoughts?

B3 seems to be doing great. Please, everyone ring this FW out and good and let Ru-Fi-Oh know any issues. I want to keep telling everyone that the 4500 is worth the money and we should. I like that D-link is offering some free support here and there interested in making us happy. Lets return the favor and support them as much as we can. Thanks D-Link. Keep up the good work. Make the next release of FW stable and rock hard in stability. We love our 4500's.

Robear
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »

Alright guys.. It looks like most of you are seeing positive results. We are are still far from making this complete, well maybe not that far it all depends on the people that may still have issues with this build.. We are glad to see so far it has been working for most of you.

For those users that are still having issues I would like to know more on what you are seeing so we can come up with a solution to fix your issue.

Please let me know now or forever hold your peace. I will monitor this thread for another week or so and see what you guys post. If things hold up for another week we will move to the next phase or maybe perhaps the final phase of testing? We are here to work for you. Thank you!

cedric205

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »

The only problem that I still have with this router is when I try to use PS3 remote play over the internet the router keeps turning my PS3 on please fix this please!!!!!!!!!!

aerylexa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2009, 02:26:22 PM »

Ru-Fi-Oh, with this new build my wireless on the 5Ghz N band is horrible! My laptop is 20 feet from the the router and it gets 28% signal strength. If i switch to the 2.4 N band I get 100% signal. I never had this problem with any of the other firmwares. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Snoopy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »

Has this software done anything to address the SharePort problems?

cdahl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »

So far 3 days and 21 hours with new firmware and no problem!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9