• March 28, 2024, 04:50:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 103091 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 09:33:10 AM »

Sure I can be more precise. I'm talking about the submission time to save any setting Also there is a problem with some of the screens that are in landscape mode (like the events screen where if you are at the bottom of the settings and click apply, on my iPhone I have to scroll up to see the "Saving" popup, otherwise I have no feedback at the bottom of the screen).

I've added the landscape mode issue the wishlist. . .  ;)

. . .Sure I can be more precise. I'm talking about the submission time to save any setting
. . . And on my DCS-942l the settings simply direct me to the camera's WebUI which is fine for me, if I had the same thing for my DCS-825l I'd be happy, I don't really need to set advanced settings remotely.

Since you own a DCS-942L for comparison, are you saying that saving settings takes a lot longer with the DCS-825L than your DCS-942L?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:45:35 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 09:37:47 AM »

Make sure that "remember me" actually remembers the user, even if he quits the app and comes back, or if he's on another network. I'm constantly getting deconnected from mydlink and have to log back in.

This problem also existed on early versions of the mydlink lite and mydlink+ apps but was corrected in later versions. So correcting this would be a big improvement to the app I believe :)

Do you have to re-enter your login credentials after quitting the app, or does the app save your user credentials?  Regarding mydlink Lite and mydlink+, there is no persistent connection maintained after the apps are completely shut down, so I'm unclear as to what you are saying was corrected. Please elaborate...

:-\  ???
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:46:59 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 09:38:40 AM »

The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

• General - Web UI interface similar to other D-Link Cloud cameras
  • Image/Video - Portrait display support
  • Mobile App - Control to disable temperature sensor
  • Mobile App - Landscape mode contains UI inconsistencies (e.g. When "Apply" is selected in the Events screen, users must scroll to top of screen to see the "Saving" popup, otherwise there is no feedback from the app indicating the action was completed)
  • Notifications - Enable push notification when mobile app is on in the background
  • Settings - NTP - Option to specify alternate NTP server
  • Settings - NTP - Synch date/time with NTP server

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

francorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »

- Make sure that "remember me" actually remembers the user, even if he quits the app and comes back, or if he's on another network. I'm constantly getting deconnected from mydlink and have to log back in.

It seems this has been fixed with the latest iOS app update, at least on my iPhone 5s

Roberto

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:26 AM »

- Make sure that "remember me" actually remembers the user, even if he quits the app and comes back, or if he's on another network. I'm constantly getting deconnected from mydlink and have to log back in.

It seems this has been fixed with the latest iOS app update, at least on my iPhone 5s

Roberto

Thanks for the update! Problem solved.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:41 AM »

The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

• Mobile App - Landscape mode contains UI inconsistencies (e.g. When "Apply" is selected in the Events screen, users must scroll to top of screen to see the "Saving" popup, otherwise there is no feedback from the app indicating the action was completed)
  • Notifications - Enable push notification when mobile app is on in the background

• TBD

bhillou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 05:47:13 AM »

I can't confirm the fix for remember me (yet), because this occurs over time but I can confirm that portrait mode was implemented. Thanks DLink for listening !

Regards,
  Serge Huber.

francorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 05:55:08 AM »

Portrait mode on iOS app or android?

Roberto

bhillou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 06:00:03 AM »

Sorry I forgot to mention I tested in on iOS on an iPad :)

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:54 AM »

I can't confirm the fix for remember me (yet), because this occurs over time but I can confirm that portrait mode was implemented. Thanks DLink for listening !

Regards,
  Serge Huber.

So we can remove this from our list:

Mobile App - Landscape mode contains UI inconsistencies (e.g. When "Apply" is selected in the Events screen, users must scroll to top of screen to see the "Saving" popup, otherwise there is no feedback from the app indicating the action was completed)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 06:40:19 AM »

DCS-825L Wishlist

kimos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 01:20:33 AM »

Hi,

I would like to have the option to set email notification via the app. And i would like to add multiple emails not just 1. The option to add a few pictures in the notification email would be also nice.

There is no way i can disable recordings to the SD-Memory, please add that, also it would be nice if we can set the recording time or schedule time, and periode.

Regards,

Kimos

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »

Hi,

I would like to have the option to set email notification via the app. And i would like to add multiple emails not just 1. The option to add a few pictures in the notification email would be also nice.

There is no way i can disable recordings to the SD-Memory, please add that, also it would be nice if we can set the recording time or schedule time, and periode.

Regards,

Kimos

Added to the wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »

DCS-825L Wishlist

• Mobile App - Option to configure email notifications from the mobile app (i.e. multiple emails for different events and ability to add snapshots)
  • SD Card - Option to record on a schedule

kimos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »

Wow thanks JavaLawyer. When can we expect to see the update?
Dont forgot to turn off recording from SD Card :)

Regards,

Kimos
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6