• April 19, 2024, 08:44:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Installing a DWA-125 revA adapter on a ZoneAlarm protected computer  (Read 22703 times)

AmBraCol

• Level 1 Member

Apparently I'm not the only one to experience problems installing the DWA-125 rev A Wireless N adapter on a machine using ZoneAlarm anti-virus on a Win7 64 bit system.  After trying various things I finally got it to install by simply uninstalling the D-Link software/adapter driver and ZoneAlarm Extreme Security then installing the D-Link adapter software/driver again.  Now it works. 

However, upon re-installing ZoneAlarm Extreme the D-link adapter ceased working once more.  I got a "unable to find adapter" message when trying to run the configuration utility.  So off comes ZoneAlarm once more, uninstall the D-Link DWA-125 software, re-install the D-Link software and it works.  Conflict with Zone Alarm, obvious.  D-Link doesn't seem to monitor this forum, at least I've seen nothing that indicates they care if their customers are able to use their product alongside ZoneAlarm so I contacted ZoneAlarm's tech via live-chat. 

ZA's tech gave me the following suggestion to try.

After re-installing ZoneAlarm Extreme, if there's  a continued conflict with their software then try the following:

1. Click Start
 2. Right click My Computer
 3. Select Properties
 4. Select Hardware
 5. Expand "Network Adapters"
 6. Right click on ethernet adapter, select uninstall.
 7. Click OK to the warning messages.
 8. Wait for the uninstall to complete.
 9. After the uninstall is complete, click action.
 10. Click Scan for hardware changes.
 11. Wait patiently and let Windows do it's thing.
 12. Go through the new network found wizard in ZA

Now, I've not yet tried the above but decided to start documenting my attempts to get it working for the entertainment/edification of anyone who might care to follow the efforts to get 'er done.  Perhaps this will serve someone else, if only to show what does/does not work. I'll report back after giving it a try.