• April 18, 2024, 05:56:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Internet explorer vs Firefox  (Read 3743 times)

robert-e

• Level 2 Member
Internet explorer vs Firefox
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »

Hi,
If I use firefox, log onto mydlink.com, I can look at the 932l video just fine.  I can then click the "camera info" tab, and by entering my password (again), (and the camera/router password) I am presented with the 932l "router" setup/maintenance screens, as is normal.  However, if I use internet exploror, I again get the video from the camera, but when I click the "camera info" tab, I am asked for my email address, and password; java starts up, but then it goes back to the camera "video view".  I never get presented with a request for the camera/router password.  If I click the "camera info" tab again, it goes through the same commotion again, with the end result being two java icons left on the bar, and I am back it looking at the camera video output again.  No problem with firefox, but internet explorer is giving me fits.  Unfortunatly, updates and such need internet explorer so, I need some good advice.  It initially worked, and I updated the bin to 1.01 of Aug 11th, so that is not a solution.

Regards,
Bob

robert-e

• Level 2 Member
Re: Internet explorer vs Firefox
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »

I believe I have solved this:  If I set java security permission in "mixed" to  not check certificates, then it logged on okay.  I then went looking for problems with certificates.  I fiddled with those, and at the same time, I updated firefox.  I also changed some security settings in Internet Explorer; specifically those involving active-x.  Now both IE and Firefox can access the camera settings. 
Thanks
Bob

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Internet explorer vs Firefox
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »

Thanks for sharing your solution. I will definitely try to replicate what you've done and post my results.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC