• March 28, 2024, 12:59:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot access DNR-202L through IP address  (Read 7418 times)

macymoore

• Level 1 Member
Cannot access DNR-202L through IP address
« on: January 08, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »

I cannot access my DNR-202L through the IP address. It comes up with error messages such as "Can't locate document: /"  (404 errors). It's as if the HTML files are no longer on the device.

Setup was unremarkable, everything went fine. I can see the device on mydlink and through the iPhone app I can see the device and it's cameras and the recordings - but still unable to access through the IP.

Additionally - I cannot access the device through the HDD viewer. Appears to be related to the same issue.

At this point I'm at a loss. I've reset the device and re-setup the device countless times.

jus2sho

• Level 1 Member
Re: Cannot access DNR-202L through IP address
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:02:52 AM »

I have the same issues along with other issues like cameras constantly disconnecting.  This is turning out to be a very buggy and annoying product!

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »

Can you ping the device fine? If you power cycle the NVR will is start responding to HTML requests?

The HDD viewer is completely independent and will not interface with the NVR or Cameras. In order to use the HDD viewer you need to physically have the USB drive connected to the PC.

macymoore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »

returned for a replacement after a few hours on the phone with tech support. Device responded via ping and was not a setup/access issue. Apparently, the HTML files on the device itself were missing - unable to flash or do a firmware upgrade.

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »

That sounds like it was the unit itself then.