• April 16, 2024, 05:54:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hard reset and remote control doesn't work  (Read 3702 times)

jmalves

• Level 1 Member
Hard reset and remote control doesn't work
« on: August 11, 2009, 07:44:26 PM »

For any reason my remote control stopped running. Doesn't matter what key a press, it shows on the screen that the command is not allowed/not valid (and icon on the upper right side pops up). Therefore, I tried to run a hard reset, but when I press the reset button the blue light starts flashing and the device can not be turned on again. Based on the instructions, to do a hard reset, I am suppose to press the reset button, turn the device on and hold it for ten seconds approximately. In this case, I have to wait the light to turn off to be able to turn the device on again.

Any clues about that..as I can not identify if the problem is related to the remote control or to the unit? Or it could be also related to both of them.

My feeling is that something is wrong with the unit!!!

Please, help me!!!

jmalves

• Level 1 Member
Re: Hard reset and remote control doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:06:49 PM »

I unplugged the unit from the power outlet, waited a few hours, plugged it back, and ran the hard reset procedure. It worked!! The blue light did not flash when I pressed the reset button.

The remote control was not really working despite trying several batteries. The, I decided to open it up (it has a few clips on the side, bottom and top) and reassemble it. It also worked well!!!!