The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2330L

Suddenly No Email attachment

(1/6) > >>

drogueaf:
Since a few days ago and without any change in the configuration from one year or more one of my DLINK Camera a DCS 2330L stop sending email with no movie attachments when a motion is detected . Just an Email is received with the following text :
"Camera Name"  has detected a motion (and no enclosed attachment) . Just this simple statement
Curious thing is if you disconnect the camera (energy) and turn on again everything seems to be normal for hours until the problem starts again .
Please , anyone have any ideas about this problem? .
As I said , the camera was running without any issue for more than one year . No upgrade , No firmware update was done .

IP Camera Name   XXXXXXXX
Time & Date   Wed Feb 13 20:08:26 2019
Firmware Version   1.14.03
Hardware Version   A
MAC Address   xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
IP Address   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
IP Subnet Mask   255.255.255.0
Default Gateway   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Primary DNS   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Secondary DNS   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
PPPoE   Disable
DDNS   Disable
Agent Version   2.1.0-b02

Any help or hint will be appreciated . 

Please , note that problem is aleatory and can not be reproduced .

drogueaf:
One week since the post, and also the reporting of the problem to LA D'Link Technical Support .
No comments , no answers , no recommendations , Nothing .  >:(

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Has there been any changes in router configurations or email services? Cameras don't stop sending attachments unless the attachment gets blocked by an ISP or email service. Sometimes email services update there security policies and can inhibit attachments from coming thru.
What ISP do you use?
What email service do you use?
Try a different email service as a test to see if attachments come thru.

--- Quote from: drogueaf on February 12, 2019, 03:59:02 PM ---Since a few days ago and without any change in the configuration from one year or more one of my DLINK Camera a DCS 2330L stop sending email with no movie attachments when a motion is detected . Just an Email is received with the following text :
"Camera Name"  has detected a motion (and no enclosed attachment) . Just this simple statement
Curious thing is if you disconnect the camera (energy) and turn on again everything seems to be normal for hours until the problem starts again .
Please , anyone have any ideas about this problem? .
As I said , the camera was running without any issue for more than one year . No upgrade , No firmware update was done .

IP Camera Name   XXXXXXXX
Time & Date   Wed Feb 13 20:08:26 2019
Firmware Version   1.14.03
Hardware Version   A
MAC Address   xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
IP Address   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
IP Subnet Mask   255.255.255.0
Default Gateway   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Primary DNS   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Secondary DNS   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
PPPoE   Disable
DDNS   Disable
Agent Version   2.1.0-b02

Any help or hint will be appreciated . 

Please , note that problem is aleatory and can not be reproduced .

--- End quote ---

drogueaf:
Data requested

Router : Netgear Orbi RBR50 / RBK50
Region : LA / Argentina
ISP Provider : Movistar (formerly known as Telefónica)
No changes in Router Configuration / No problems on ISP
Your comment regarding Cameras are not sending ..... (is Wrong) just one of the cameras is not sending (as I mentioned previously in the report)
I have 5 Dlink Cameras and One more of another brand . All the cameras are working OK (Exception is the DCS 2330L) .
I am using 6 Emails addresses for each Camera (GMAIL) , so It doesn't make sense to use another Email service provider , when all the Cameras are running fine with the same provider .

Anyway , I'm going to continue for the moment with D'Link (I spent some money  in all the infrastructure in my house so the idea is to keep them running at least for 2 years more) .

Hope it helps to your analysis . I will continue investigating by myself . Keep an Eye in the statement that if you turn off the camera and turn on again , everything starts to work fine .

Waiting for your comments as soon as possible .

FurryNutz:
You'll need to contact your regional D-Link support office.
I would try another 2330L to see if it doest he same thing. Possible issue with either FW or HW.
Something your regional D-Link support office should be able to help you with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version