• March 18, 2024, 07:19:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: What about "motion stopped" delayed event for Ifttt? Useless without that.  (Read 12788 times)

dsstrainer

• Level 1 Member

Just bought the Dlink S150 and was very surprised there aren't more plug-in motion sensors.
I was happy to see it support ifttt but found it completely useless without a "when motion stops" event.
When motion triggers, we can turn lights on..
But when motion stops.. or there is a n seconds delay between motion.. you need to have another event to trigger another command. Without that the ifttt support is all but pointless.

Sgardoll

• Level 1 Member

I just want to +1 this.

I just bought the D-Link Motion Sensor as well, but there really is no point in using it as part of my IFTTT setup unless I can automate an "off" action after no motion is detected for a certain period.

Is this in the works?

genebopp

• Level 1 Member
Re: What about "motion stopped" delayed event for Ifttt? Useless without that.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 03:11:15 AM »

I am stumped by the same thing.  Did you ever figure out how to make it turn the plug off?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 07:57:51 AM »

I do not believe the sensor sends a "trigger" after the initial motion detected is triggered. I will look into this more.  Is there an event in the plug or light to turn off after say 1 minute after being turned on?

What device are you using (brand and model)?

genebopp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 08:21:41 AM »

I have the dlink s150 motion sensor and the w110 plug.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 08:34:32 AM »

Ok so in your case you want the plug to turn off after a certain amount of time?  Are you using the mydlink Home app,  IFTTT app or 3rd party?

genebopp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »

The dlink home app would be my preference. But if you know how to do what I want using ifttt. that would be fine too.  I hoped that when motion was sensed the light would stay on for about 3 hours after the last motion.  So the light would always be on while I am in the room and would turn off 2 or 3 hours after I left the room.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 08:49:52 AM »

I got both devices so I will play around with them today and see if it is possible.

The motion sensor only detects motion. Once triggers, it will reset and when motion is detected again it sends a trigger. That is it. It does not "trigger" for being idle.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 09:57:18 AM »

It looks like the W110 plug does not support this. I tried using IFTTT but there is no option to turn off after a certain time.  I will have to have the PM contact the engineers and see if this is or will ever be possible.

genebopp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 09:58:24 AM »

Thanks, is there a different plug that would support my plan?

Sgardoll

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 07:46:26 PM »

It's really disappointing that the D-Link plug can't activate a a "turn off" function after a certain amount of idle.

Philips Hue motion sensor can do this and I just sort of expected all motion sensors would have this functionality.

The D-link Motion sensor has been a complete waste of money for me without this functionality. Currently sitting disconnected and unused.

Would love to know if there is another motion sensor & switch combo that can do this?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 09:11:49 AM »

Sorry for the delay. 

D-Link doesn't sell another motion sensor.  Unfortunately the sensor does not have a "turn off" trigger.