• March 19, 2024, 07:00:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New Hakai IoT botnet takes aim at D-Link, Huawei, and Realtek routers  (Read 4443 times)

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-hakai-iot-botnet-takes-aim-at-d-link-huawei-and-realtek-routers/

D-Link recently learned that a Hakai IoT botnet has been targeting and attempting to exploit routers with existing vulnerabilities from various companies including D-Link. D-Link immediately investigated and discovered that the devices at risk are those that are older, end-of-life, or have not been updated to the newest firmware versions.

To prevent vulnerability, D-Link strongly advises users update the firmware on their devices and check regularly on the D-Link Support website for the newest updates. Users should also set complicated passwords on their devices. For devices that are very old or end-of-life, we recommend users purchase newer models.

Affected Models:
  • DI-524 C1
  • DIR-628 B2
  • DIR-655 A1
  • DIR-645
  • DSL-2750B

CoDeCX999

• Level 1 Member
  • " Vi veri veniversum vivus vici "
Re: New Hakai IoT botnet takes aim at D-Link, Huawei, and Realtek routers
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »

https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-hakai-iot-botnet-takes-aim-at-d-link-huawei-and-realtek-routers/

D-Link recently learned that a Hakai IoT botnet has been targeting and attempting to exploit routers with existing vulnerabilities from various companies including D-Link. D-Link immediately investigated and discovered that the devices at risk are those that are older, end-of-life, or have not been updated to the newest firmware versions.

To prevent vulnerability, D-Link strongly advises users update the firmware on their devices and check regularly on the D-Link Support website for the newest updates. Users should also set complicated passwords on their devices. For devices that are very old or end-of-life, we recommend users purchase newer models.

Affected Models:
  • DI-524 C1
  • DIR-628 B2
  • DIR-655 A1
  • DIR-645
  • DSL-2750B

Hi Friend.

I read this week about this news, I decided to share with D-link team.

Will not it affect other D-Link routers ?? Or just the beginning of vulnerability ....

https://www.olhardigital.com.br/dicas_e_tutoriais/noticia/ghostdns-veja-como-estar-protegido-desta-ameaca-a-roteadores-no-brasil/78871
"Once again in the fight.
In the last good battle I will never know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day. "

CoDeCX999

• Level 1 Member
  • " Vi veri veniversum vivus vici "
"Once again in the fight.
In the last good battle I will never know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day. "