D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-842

DIR-842 Rev C Firmware v3.10B05 Released

(1/2) > >>

GreenBay42:
Firmware version 3.10B05 released. This fixed the DNSmasq security vulnerability.

Note there are 2 firmware files. You must upgrade to the "middle" file first, and then to v3.10B05.

Firmware - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DIR-842/REVC/DIR-842_REVC_FIRMWARE_v3.10B05.zip

lbj388:
Firmware version 3.10B05 released. This fixed the DNSmasq security vulnerability.
Note there are 2 firmware files. You must upgrade to the "middle" file first, and then to v1.10B05.
==============================================================================================
Would you help that I missed to upgrade the "middle" file first and directly upgrade to 3.10B05. How can I reset to 3.02 or any suggestions to do now? Thanks.

lbj388:
I am not sure if this wrong upgrade caused the network speed slow down greatly. I got rather good speed before upgrade, but now the speed is not acceptable. can someone help?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
* Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
* Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?  Link> >FW Update Process

How are you speed testing?

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
* Is ISP Modem/Service using Dynamic or Static WAN IP addressing?
* What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> Speed Testing Sites
* By-pass the main host router and check internet connection by connecting a wired LAN PC directly to the ISP modem to verify connection access and ISP speeds. Power OFF the ISP modem and router for 1 minute then power ON the ISP modem. Then power ON the router.

lbj388:
What region are you located? I am at Macau (Asia)
Are you wired or wireless connected to the router? Wireless
Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch? Yes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version