D-Link IP Cameras for Home > DCS-8300LH

No Web Based UI

(1/2) > >>

kcustodio:
The FAQ indicated that this camera does not have a Web Based interface.  Does that mean it can't be used by third party Surveillance Camera Packages like Surveillance Station?  I can not seem to find the default password for the camera.  I've reset the camera several times and an empty PASSWORD field does not work like other D-link camera models.

GreenBay42:
Correct unfortunately. The DCS-8xxxLH series cameras are app-only. There is no web UI and they disabled HTTP/RTSP viewing while using 3rd party/VNC/DViewCam/web browsers.  Since there is no UI, no need to have a username and password.

sierratango:
Just bought me one of these and very disappointed to find out that it does not have HTTP/RTSP support. It will have to go back to the store as a result. Hopefully, D-Link will reverse this move in the future.

GreenBay42:

--- Quote from: sierratango on August 24, 2018, 02:52:32 PM ---Hopefully, D-Link will reverse this move in the future.

--- End quote ---

Agreed!

aussiepete:
bummer, I wish I saw this thread before I bought two cameras. How likely is that dlink is going to enable the remote access for third parties? (like home assistant)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version