• March 18, 2024, 08:55:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion detection does not work consistently  (Read 10572 times)

chercher

• Level 1 Member
Motion detection does not work consistently
« on: June 17, 2018, 06:40:12 AM »

I have a new 8010lh camera and like many aspects of the camera.  But, it does not seem to recognize motion consistently even when I walk directly into the field of view.  The link with the mobile app is fine, I have two other D-link cameras (tilt and pan) and would like to keep this one, but the detection and subsequent streaming to the cloud does not appear to be working. 

As a second question, I don’t quite understand the difference between an automation setting and the video recording setting.  It seems to be an either or situation, you can select one but not both.  Is there a user manual that describes the user controls?  This is confusing.

Help please.

Regards,
Chercher

MikeSD

• Level 2 Member
Re: Motion detection does not work consistently
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 07:19:53 PM »

I can't get it to work at all.  Did you ever resolve the problem?  I don't see how I set anything but the detection area.  Seems I should be setting something to say what to do with the video during a detection.  Like specifying and email to send video or a push notification recipient. 

How is that done?

pax_corpus

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion detection does not work consistently
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 05:18:48 AM »

Same problem on a DCS-8600LH. Any fix for this?