• September 23, 2018, 03:04:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Uplink to parent network  (Read 1374 times)

briankitt

• Level 1 Member
Uplink to parent network
« on: March 29, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »

I have Century link, and they have a router for the fiber.
I bought a DIR-867 to have a decent Wireless N/G network.
I put a media server hard wired to the Century Link router, but this is upstream from the DIR-867.

Is there a way to port forward RDP, FTP, etc, from the DIR-867 upstream to the Century Link router?  Once RDP/FTP get to the Century Link router, I have Century Link Router already forwarding those requets properly.

In short - I can access the media server just fine from outside my house.
Inside my house, when I am connected to the Century Link router, I can access the media server just fine.
When I am connected to the DIR-867, I am unable to connect to the media server.  This is because I am unable to figure out how to port forward to the gateway.
Is that even possible?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Uplink to parent network
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

You could turn the DIR router in to an AP if your have a router in front of the DIR router:
Turning a router into an AP.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!