D-Link PowerLine Adapters > DHP-601AV

Firmware 3.0 on dlink web site will kill your DHP-601AV device - UK Only

(1/2) > >>

Peter_K:
Hello

on support page for DHP-601AV http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/product/dhp-601av-b1-powerline-av2-1000-hd-gigabit-starter-kit

when you select revision B and firmware 3.0.0 you will get file DHP-601AV_fw_revC1_3-0-0_eu_multi_20160729.zip

This firmware will kill your device.

Is possible revive powerline devices with some method like TFTP? All LEDs are off, but LAN port is alive.

thanks

FurryNutz:
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. Inform them of the discrepancy between Rev B and Rev C files on there site and Rev B FW file is missing or incorrectly linked on that site. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

Peter_K:
I contacted official D-Link support last week, they reply to me that they checked and confirmed that indeed the firmware is wrong and it will kill revision B devices, because it is for rev C. They told me that I can send devices directly to them for exchange or to my seller. Problem is I have original box and invoice in different city, so I wanted repair it with some recovery method (TFTP), but it looks like it has no recovery, so warranty exchange is my only option.

FurryNutz:
Youll need to ask them if there is another way to flash FW, if not, then go for the RMA.

xhofl102:
Hello, I have the same problem, did you solve it?
Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version