• April 19, 2024, 03:22:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DES-1228 VLAN information on SNMP  (Read 9425 times)

_Petya_

• Level 1 Member
DES-1228 VLAN information on SNMP
« on: March 04, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »

Hi!

I'd like to know is there's a way to view/modify VLAN information from these switches using SNMP? I have nearly 20 of these, and using the (slow) web interface for viewing/modifying VLAN configuration is quite annoying, I'd like to automate this process.

Now i'm thinking about sniffing the HTTP comunication between my PC and a DES-1228, and my software would emulate the process later. (This way I'd only have to modify the settings in my own database, and the software would update the switch configurations automatically)

Do you have a better idea for doing this? I've tried running snmpwalk, but I can't find any information regarding of VLANs in the output.

regards,
Peter

poyicameo

• Level 1 Member
Re: DES-1228 VLAN information on SNMP
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:29:53 AM »

Dear Peter,

DES-1228 does not support standard MIB to set VLAN function, you must download DES-1228 private MIB from D-Link Web to set VLAN function via SNMP. Thanks a lot.

Poyi

tinpotnick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 03:28:18 AM »

Hi,

I am trynig to figure this out also. I cannot find where you download dlink mibs from, nor th eprocedure to create a vlan on dlink switches. I have a DES 1526 I am trying to develop against to automate provisinioning of VLANs and I can modify VLAN information on an exsisting VLAN (from a mib I got of the net somewhere so not sure if it is correct), but cannot create:

update = {
        { oid = "tvlanId.4", value = "4"},
        { oid = "tvlanMember.4", value = "00:00:00:00" },
        { oid = "tvlanUntaggedPorts.4", value = "00:00:00:00" },
        { oid = "tvlanStatus.4", value = "1"}
}

Help please!

KR

Nick

poyi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »

Because D-Link product base on different private MIB and OID.
You can download DES-1228 private MIB from http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DES-1228
Support Resource page. Thanks a lot.

Poyi