• April 19, 2024, 02:55:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D View Cam fails to detect cameras using DHCP?  (Read 2066 times)

gpang788

• Level 1 Member
D View Cam fails to detect cameras using DHCP?
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:43:09 AM »

Have 2 930Ls at home. Have encountered some issues which puzzled me.

This is the situation:

Cam 1 - Firmware v1.04 port 80
Cam 2 - Firmware v1.06 port 80
Dview cam v3.20
Router - M1 Huawei (Port 80 forwarded)
NO Firewalls or Antivirus running on my computer or router at all.

Set both camera's ip addresses to DHCP. Everything works fine for a while until cams' ip addresses change.
Dview cam fails to pick up the new ip addresses thus sending both cams offline. However still able to view cams in Mydlink and HTC Android.

Reported the above incident to Dlink tech support, was told to set ip addresses to static - in which case
Dview Cam works fine but cams will not show up in MyDlink or my HTC Android at all.

The only way I could get both cams to show in Mydlink and HTC was to input static Pri & Sec DNS addresses into the Cam settings, which I know wouldn't work for long because when the DNS addresses change, both cams would go offlline again??

The only "logical" conclusion Dlink tech support could give me was that both units are faulty - which I seriously doubt so, cos how could both units be affected with the same problem?

Have been working on this problem for the past few weeks and am getting increasingly frustrated and angry @ Dlink for throwing out such a haphazard product!

1) Anyone has any advice on this or encountered similar problems?

2) Apart from Dview Cam, what other software could I use to view and record that could also automatically pickup DHCP addresses?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:53:07 AM by gpang788 »