• April 25, 2024, 11:27:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Save Password Check Box Not There  (Read 12609 times)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Save Password Check Box Not There
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

I certainly can request it to product management as an added feature from customers and if they approve it they may implement this feature in future firmware updates.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »

Hi,

From your post, I'm understanding that you have two (2) 'workgroups' with multitudes of computers in them - your 'workgroups' are:

Workgroup 1 = MOG-Exchange
Workgroup 2 = TOG-Exchange

You'd have to provide a little more background as to why you've created two (2) 'workgroups'; that said, I'll assume it's because you wanted to keep various groups of computers isolated from each other.

Few networking pointers when it comes to 'workgroups':

1) Members of a 'workgroup' cannot see members of another 'workgroup' but can connect to each other using explicit mapping (ex: net use * \\xxxxx\yyy) or via TCP/IP (ex: \\###.###.###.###)

2) Members of a 'workgroup' cannot connect to members in another 'workgroup' if the other 'workgroup' is not on the same IP/Subnet (ex: 1: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, 2: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy)

3) Members of a 'workgroup' cannot connect to members in another 'workgroup' if separated by a gateway unless a 'complex' routing device facilitates the interconnections.

4) Alternating the name of your DNS would cause connectivity issues as 'workgroup' devices (aka NetBIOS) traditionally broadcast over 255.255.255.255.

As for A/D integration; would be nice if the DNS-323 supported A/D integration as has been introduced in f/w 1.02 of the DNS-343.  Not convinced though that it would address some of the DNS security exposures that have been posted of late.

Cheers,

yo_adrian_eh

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »

I've made my user name and pwd on the 323 the same as my PC & Laptop profile name and pwd (I use both a PC Win XP and a laptop Vista). Since making that change I'm no longer prompted for a password when connecting/browsing to the 323 from either machine. I got fed up with the authentication each time and figured I'd just try it and see what happens...it works! I put the 323 on the same workgroup, so all machines on my LAN are on a single workgroup.
Pages: 1 [2]