• April 25, 2024, 04:34:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Issues with FTP on large files w/ DIR-655  (Read 5154 times)

jg00d3

Issues with FTP on large files w/ DIR-655
« on: September 10, 2007, 01:18:04 PM »

I just got my DIR-655  a week ago, only one issue thus far.  I have an FTP server setup inside my network , hardwired to the DIR-655 w/ Gig connection.  When I connect to the FTP server from outside my network I can transfer files smaller than 1.5GB w/out issues.  Files larger than 1.5GB, i'm not sure of the exact file size, initiate the connection and then disapear like it is finished downloading the file.  The filename is created, but no data in the file 0KB.    Anybody have any issues like this?

laltj

Re: Issues with FTP on large files w/ DIR-655
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:44:42 AM »

I just got my DIR-655  a week ago, only one issue thus far.  I have an FTP server setup inside my network , hardwired to the DIR-655 w/ Gig connection.  When I connect to the FTP server from outside my network I can transfer files smaller than 1.5GB w/out issues.  Files larger than 1.5GB, i'm not sure of the exact file size, initiate the connection and then disapear like it is finished downloading the file.  The filename is created, but no data in the file 0KB.    Anybody have any issues like this?

Did you try updating firmware on DIR 655 to the latest from, http://support.dlink.ca/products/view.asp?productid=DIR%2D655 ?

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
Re: Issues with FTP on large files w/ DIR-655
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »

have you made adjustments to the QoS reflecting desired performance for the FTP server?
 Give that a try. D-Link has some pretty good FAQ's on configuring it.
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.