• April 19, 2024, 12:04:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: RAID 1+0  (Read 2658 times)

bdyzel

• Level 1 Member
RAID 1+0
« on: March 29, 2010, 04:58:38 AM »

It's strange that a device capable of handling Raid 1, Raid 0, and Raid 5, can't seem to run Raid 1+0.
Or if one of you guys have figured out how to run a config like this, please let me know.

I thought of setting up the 2 sets of Striped Arrays, and then have a another device on the network do a file sync between the 2 Volumes, but that is just a waist of network resources.

Thanx in advance

bdyzel

• Level 1 Member
Re: RAID 1+0
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:14:32 AM »

For those of you that want to be able to run a similar setup, it is possible, but not in the sense of a realtime mirror.

You setup the device with the 2 Raid 0 sets, have all of your backups or data backed up to the 1st Striped Volume.

Go to the login screen.
Enter your username and password, but don't just press enter, choose the Downloads/Applications Tab below the password.
This will give you a "Schedule Downloads" option, from there you can choose the 1st Stripe Set, to download with a schedule to your 2nd Stripe Set.

Depending on what your using it for, hope this helps.

Thank you, to TY Tan from D-Link support team for the help on finding this solution.

bdyzel

• Level 1 Member
Re: RAID 1+0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:02:41 AM »

I've seen with this method that the transfer rate is only getting 100Mbps.
I'll update again if I get news on this transfer rate.