• March 18, 2024, 08:22:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Support Quality complaint  (Read 16677 times)

yepesjuan

• Level 1 Member
Support Quality complaint
« on: January 08, 2021, 12:23:25 PM »

Sorry for the long text.

Does anyone know how is the escalation process for a ticket in Latin America? If I do not have a response from local support, who should I contact to file a complaint? I am very disappointed with the support received. I am in Colombia and I opened a ticket in July 2020 about a camera. A RMA was created and the camera was sent and after the review they determined that it should be changed for warranty. Days later they informed me that they did not have available and that they would make the request to dispatch a new one. That was the same response I received every time I called to inquire about the case.
At the end of November I received an email in which they informed me that the ticket had been closed and that I would answer a satisfaction survey about the support received. You can imagine my responses to not knowing the reason why the ticket was closed if I still did not receive the camera.

I called again to see what was happening and they informed me that the ticket was closed with the status "Out of stock". because they are still out of inventory in my country. I expressed my disagreement because my ticket has been going since July and has not been resolved and has been closed. Surely if I were to buy the camera, with customs procedures in 2 weeks I would have the new camera but since it is a replacement due to warranty they have not given the necessary paperwork. They took my complaint by phone and request me to sent an email with the complaint to an email address provided by them (by the way from la.dlink.com domain). The answer was we received your email and it will be "escalate" to the proper area. That was in November and they still do not answer, every time than I send an email asking about my process the answer is my case has been escalated and that they will communicate with me but until today they still do not communicate with me.

Who would be the next level of escalation for Latin America? US? a regional? HQ?

I'm just a home user with a few cameras and network devices (not a big customer) but I am very disappointed with the support received and feel like I am just wasting my time and money at this time.

Thank you for your comments

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Support Quality complaint
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I do not have any contacts in South America unfortunately. As far as escalations, each OBU (country/region - business unit) answers to HQ in Taiwan. Each OBU is responsible for customer service in their region/country. Generally in the US if a replacement has been approved, the same camera or similar model if your model is out of stock or discontinued would be offered. They "should" offer the same but again each country has different rules. I would keep calling and emailing, possibly try contacting through their facebook/twitter accounts.

https://la.dlink.com/la/soporte/contactosoporte/

yepesjuan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 08:28:57 AM »

Thanks for your answer. I am going to test through that link and social medias and wait a few day to get an answer. I just hope they are not the same people who are answering my email and they do not respond to me. You know, I rated the lowest rating in the survey and  they did not contact me to ask why my calification, so I do not expect too much.

Unfortunately If I have don't have any positive answer I'll cancel my dlink subscription and migrate to a new brand.

I keep you posted

yepesjuan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »

Greetings

I have a good update. Last monday contact or I filled out the form thru https://la.dlink.com/la/soporte/contactosoporte/.  I had my doubts because after filling out and submitting the form, I did not receive any confirmation to my email about my application. I decided to wait a few days to see if any mail would arrive and yesterday afternoon they called me to inform me that the camera had already arrived in the country and that it will be sent to my residence between today or tomorrow.

I don't know what worked, if my calls, my emails, the form or if someone read this post and asked internally what has happened but finally I can see some progress with mi case. As I said no one contact me during this time until yesterday.

I keep you posted once I receive the camera

Thanks again

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 06:45:40 AM »

Thanks for the update. Glad someone FINALLY got back to you. It is unacceptable to wait so long.

yepesjuan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 01:56:26 PM »

Greetings

I finally received my camera after so many months. I am very happy and I was able to configure it. I hope that if I ever require some kind of warranty support again, I won't suffer so much again. Thank you for your comments and if someone from D-Link Latinoamerica read my post and helped, thank you very much.

Thanks to all