• April 16, 2024, 09:48:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: SD card access hosed  (Read 2347 times)

Blubber

• Level 1 Member
SD card access hosed
« on: August 20, 2016, 06:41:07 PM »

This may be a result of powering down the camera while it was in the middle of a write*, but every time I go to the SD management page, I get this error in Firefox:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: https://192.168.11.101:56801/eng/admin/adv_sdcard.cgi
Line Number 178, Column 16:<folderstring>ax,?.o:d:-1*鵅胘裘/.C?:d:-1*騕魼?.w:d:-1*﹒u覘罜.SD:f:1775431*鱭蝏?8.[}:f:959023*</folderstring>
---------------^

Which leads to a problem: I can't reformat the SD card, because I can't get to the management page. I tried viewing the page in Chrome, but it just comes up blank.

I tried putting the SD card in my other DCS-960L, and although the SD management page will load there, trying to format pops up an error box. I am really hoping D-Link didn't just destroy my SD card.

What should I do?

Thanks.

*How should we power down the camera gracefully so this doesn't happen?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:59:53 PM by Blubber »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: SD card access hosed
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 06:59:50 PM »

Pull the SD card and put it in a computer and see what you get.

Try to format it there.

Sometimes these cards don't last too long, especially if a bad batch.  I had some San Disks that crapped out after 3 months..  No issues since.  Went with different brands and SanDisk now looking good again.

Which reminds me, I've unplugged my 960l and 2630l more than a few times last week, so I need to log in and check for issues.

Ideally - you should log in, stop recording, wait for file to finish writing, then power off.

Blubber

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:15:14 PM »

Thanks Ryat, after trying to format it inside of a DCS-960L, I put it back in the 2630L and the SD management page was able to load correctly and I formatted the card. So I am ok now.

I will note your suggestion about stopping recording before powering down, good idea.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »

Both my 960L and 2630L are still recording.  Everything looks okay..  I pulled the plug more than a couple times last week to save on heat generation during last weeks heat wave.