• March 28, 2024, 07:44:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2530L system watchdog reboot code 4 and code 8  (Read 6355 times)

Baraka

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2530L system watchdog reboot code 4 and code 8
« on: April 29, 2019, 11:55:55 AM »

Hi All,

This camera works well when it works, but I have had a problem where after 2 weeks or 2 months max I will get these sequence of events starting with this message.
1/ "connection timed out"   
2/ red x in the camera dlink app.
3/restarting the app and powercycling the camera does not fix the problem. The network connection to the camera via app or ability to communicate with it via web browser is gone.
4/I fix the issue by resetting the camera to factory settings and reconnecting it to the app via 10.225.255.1
5/Camera returns to normal operation but checking the log the problem seems always to be  "system watchdog reboot code 4"  or code 8.

So what is code 4? I cannot seem to find any answers on the net regading this code. This problem is repeatable and the fix is repeatble but what is causeing this every 2 weeks to two months?

I also have 2 2630L models. They connection with these camera is superior. They seem to always reconnect themselves no matter what. The 2530l has a better picture  for sure, but I must say the 2630 is more reliable connection wise.

Thank you all for any advice or experience you may have to share.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:09:36 PM by Baraka »