• March 28, 2024, 11:26:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DHP-W307AV  (Read 4904 times)

nickallen75

• Level 1 Member
DHP-W307AV
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »

Dear all,

Apologies in advance for posting this topic under the DHP-W306AV forum, but I could not find a thread specifically on the DHP-W307AV.

My question, I am sure is a very basic one, that unfortunately I could not find the answer to in either the quick or full user guides provided for this hardware.

I have set up both of the provided plugs as per the user guide (DHP-307AV plugged into wall near modem and connected to modem with ethernet cable, and DHP-W307AV plugged into wall in 'black spot' in house).

The question is as follows.  When these are plugged in, does this just boost the existing wireless signal provided by my router or am I actually supposed to connect my various devices (laptop etc) to the 'D-Link' wireless network that now appears?  I was under the impression that these devices would just boost the existing wireless reception, but it appears I may have misunderstood in that I am actually creating a new network that all my existing devices will have to join.

Many thanks in advance if someone would be kind enough to help me, and apologies if this is quite a basic question.

Regards,
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:21:20 PM by nickallen75 »

Steve_R

• Level 1 Member
Re: DHP-W307AV
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »

Hi

The DHP-W307AV is a bundle containing a DHP-306AV and a DHP-W306AV.

The DHP-W306AV creates a second WiFi network in your home. You choose to connect your devices to whichever network gives you the best signal. You can find out all about it here.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31551-d-link-dhp-w306av-powerline-av-wireless-n-extender-reviewed

You need to setup the security settings of your second wireless network now, or you will be giving your neighbours free access to the internet at your expense. Start by typing 192.168.0.50 into a browser.

Steve