• April 25, 2024, 04:21:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cant view live feed or playback when accessing DNR-322L via local IP address  (Read 10604 times)

richiemccaw

• Level 1 Member

I have installed the latest version of Java and am able to log into the DNR-322L via Microsoft Edge browser. Chrome gives me problem with the Java applet for video playback.

While Edge does not give me a Java error message, I am somehow not able to view any feeds in the main screen.

The status says that all four cameras are 'Connected' and 'Recording' with 24.5fps frame rate and about 3000+kbps bit rate.

Can someone help me please? I've been troubleshooting for the past 6-8hours over the past two days to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member

I have installed the latest version of Java and am able to log into the DNR-322L via Microsoft Edge browser. Chrome gives me problem with the Java applet for video playback.

While Edge does not give me a Java error message, I am somehow not able to view any feeds in the main screen.

The status says that all four cameras are 'Connected' and 'Recording' with 24.5fps frame rate and about 3000+kbps bit rate.

Can someone help me please? I've been troubleshooting for the past 6-8hours over the past two days to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK Edge does not support java or other plugins
Also because of Chrome withdrawing support for Java - D Link created their own plugin  read this link http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=63058.msg256874#msg256874

It's called Universal Media Player and is available for Chrome (enable NPAPI), Firefox, IE and possibly others but not Edge

HTH

richiemccaw

• Level 1 Member

Thanks Phil. That's the odd thing. I did enable NPAPI and was able to view the livestreams on mydlink. However when I used Chrome to log in to DNR-322L via the local IP address, it went straight to an error message which basically said Chrome was denying me access to Java for security reasons.

I'm starting to wonder if it's got anything to do with ports, IP addresses, firewalls and stuff like that. Happy to hear more.

Thanks again :)

philphil61

• Level 3 Member

Thanks Phil. That's the odd thing. I did enable NPAPI and was able to view the livestreams on mydlink. However when I used Chrome to log in to DNR-322L via the local IP address, it went straight to an error message which basically said Chrome was denying me access to Java for security reasons.

I'm starting to wonder if it's got anything to do with ports, IP addresses, firewalls and stuff like that. Happy to hear more.

Thanks again :)

When you "enabled" NPAPI did you scroll to the bottom and cleck "Apply or Relaunch to apply changes" (can't remember exact wording

After doing this and trying to access mydlink it should of "invited" you to install Universal Media Player - if it didn't then potentially you didn't enable NPAPI correctly.

If you do get a warning page from cjrome (depending on the warning) look at the last line - if it offers "Advanced" click it to continue

Let me know how you get on

richiemccaw

• Level 1 Member

Thanks a lot for your help. I have since managed to get the cameras and DNR-322L to work, i.e. viewed online.
1. I could not get NPAPI to work on Chrome for some reason. I went with IE which worked a charm. When it switched Java off due to security considerations, I added the various local IP addresses into the exceptions list and everything is smooth. It is a little inconvenient but I guess better a little inconvenience than not being able to get it to work at all.

2. There was an error with the initial DNR-322L installation. A separate popup window asking me to install a certain Microsoft executable file came up. Once this was installed, everything seemed to work better.

On a side note, my office network does not allow me to connect to the IP cameras via mydlink.com so I am viewing footage via my mobile network instead.

Overall I think I would still buy D-Link IP cameras again, mainly because of the entire ecosystem that it offers which I would rely on to get everything to talk to one another properly.

Downside - The software is still pretty buggy since installation features such as wireless network detection and camera detection did not really work smoothly. I dont have as much time on hand nowadays to sit down for a few days at a go troubleshooting the set-up unfortunately.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Any status on this?  ???
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.