• March 28, 2024, 03:02:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5029L Recording to DNR-202L  (Read 4795 times)

swmprt

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5029L Recording to DNR-202L
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:45:19 AM »

I presently have two 5029's wirelessly connected to my home network. I can view video via the MyDLink connection but wanted to be able to record video stream. In order to do this I obtained a DNR-202L however the unit will not recognize the cameras. In order for the recorder to work, do the cameras need to be hardwired to the network? If not, how do I get the recorder to recognize the cameras?

I have found the following and will give this a try:
Procedure

•Using a web browser on a PC located on the same LAN as the DNR-202L, enter the DNR-202L IP address and Log into the web UI
•Navigate to SETUP > Add Camera > CAMERA LIST
•Click on one of the eight unused slots in the Camera List
•A prompt will open to manually enter the Cloud camera specifications
•Enter: Camera Name
•Enter: Camera IP Address
•Enter: Camera Port Number
•Enter: Administrator Name
•Enter: Password
•Select Save Settings

The above manual method does not work for adding the cameras. Consistently get notice that the Admin Name or Password is incorrect. However, I have verified both by logging into the camera directly using the information I am providing to the DNR device.

Can someone please advise what other steps can be taken to get the DNR to connect to my wireless cameras otherwise I will need to return the device. These apparent incompatibility issues between DLink devices is very discouraging.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:57:57 AM by swmprt »