• April 19, 2024, 01:33:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware - Request similar mods as recent DCS-942 ?  (Read 5539 times)

diycam

• Level 1 Member
Firmware - Request similar mods as recent DCS-942 ?
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:32:54 AM »

I like some of he recent firmware  mods in DCS-942 ... for the DCS-933L and DCS-932L  as well.

Like the IR illuminator control features. I have same problem with window reflecting IR. And there is enough background light that the sensitive IR camera does not need the illuminator and I do not like to cut IR traces on PCB. 

Also I would request adding  features such as

> control of the IR filter as well  -- there is a little IR/Day filter slide in front of the camera sensor , the filter automatically shifts when you select day/night mode -- of course that should probably be on an Advanced tab with factory reset option.

> more or finer motion detection block selection. -- If the Motion detection blocks were all quartered ( 1/4) then that would give much greater tuning of motion detection  area.

IDEALLY : I would like to draw a line around the areas I want to detect motion (or block out). Define my own blocks/blobs. The area I am detecting has lots of traffic and bushes and trees and I would like to detect what is happening this side of the trees and bushes  but not around or other side of the trees. The camera field of view prevents positioning it optimally.

> Auto exposure setting ? -- like on the digital cameras that have auto exposure settings for evaluative, spot, centered etc.... as I am having trouble with bright areas causing overexposure and the dark area being under exposed Is there a way to

> Magnification Panning?? -- I assume magnification is digital ??? if so then would it be possible to have a pan image option when using the magnification buttons ? currently it magnifies the center of image and you lose the outer edges 

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Firmware - Request similar mods as recent DCS-942 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »

I created a firmware wishlist thread to post requests: DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC