• March 19, 2024, 04:16:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: mydlink.com - Wishlist  (Read 148073 times)

Sublme

• Level 1 Member
Re: mydlink.com - Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 08:32:45 AM »

Have the mydlink app keep traffic local when I am connected to my home network.  Seems stupid and a waste of bandwidth to have it stream to mydlink and then back to my house when the traffic could just stay local.  The only reason I see it needing to stream to mydlink is when I am accessing remotely.  I use this as a baby monitor and at 2MB a second I am going to hit my 250GB ISP cap pretty quickly.  App update/firmware, not sure, maybe both.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 09:18:38 AM »

Have the mydlink app keep traffic local when I am connected to my home network.  Seems stupid and a waste of bandwidth to have it stream to mydlink and then back to my house when the traffic could just stay local.  The only reason I see it needing to stream to mydlink is when I am accessing remotely.  I use this as a baby monitor and at 2MB a second I am going to hit my 250GB ISP cap pretty quickly.  App update/firmware, not sure, maybe both.

Good idea. . . Added.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 09:20:40 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• Add option for full-screen video
  • Add option to quickly/easily disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • Date and time data in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • Include camera name in the mydlink info display
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • mydlink Lite - Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Remove error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"
  • Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]

Onthesamepath

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »

Add ability to change mail and motion detection settings in mydlink lite.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »

Add ability to change mail and motion detection settings in mydlink lite.

You can already change email and motion detection through mydlink, Settings Tab > Advanced Settings, which will open the camera settings for modification.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• Add option to quickly/easily disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • mydlink Lite - Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Remove error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"
  • Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »

I'm glad I found this thread!

Could you please add to the wishlist:

- For iPhone mydlink Lite app - Add the ability to adjust IR, on, off, auto like on the web browser.
- For mydlink.com site on a mobile web browser - Add the ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on, off, auto, brightness, etc.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:07 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Mobile Web Browser - Add ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on/off, auto, brightness, etc.
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »

Add a "motion dectect NOW"-button or -functionality (e.g. when you suddenly have to leave the house). . . I'm thinking of an of/off switch in the dlink iPad-app, or a small app on a PC.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Mobile Web Browser - Add ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on/off, auto, brightness, etc.
  • mydlink Website/Mobile Apps - Add "Enable Motion Detection Now" button to capture motion events on the fly without navigating through the web interface[/url]
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Add ability to adjust IR (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »

Wow two of my wish-list features I wanted have already been identified- I wonder if me posting here will give them more emphasis!
1. IR on/off/auto toggle switch in the iPad and iPhone app
2. Manually reorder camera list
3. More zoom options (e.g. zoom in on particular section of the screen)
4. An easy on/off toggle switch for the camera either in the web portal or in the iPhone app to disable the camera when not needed

Great idea with the thread. Hope the developers/programmers see this!
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »

Wow two of my wish-list features I wanted have already been identified- I wonder if me posting here will give them more emphasis!
1. IR on/off/auto toggle switch in the iPad and iPhone app
2. Manually reorder camera list
3. More zoom options (e.g. zoom in on particular section of the screen)
4. An easy on/off toggle switch for the camera either in the web portal or in the iPhone app to disable the camera when not needed

Great idea with the thread. Hope the developers/programmers see this!

Thanks for your contributions. . . I'll add them to the list!  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 07:13:28 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Add on/off option to enable/disable one or more cameras
  • mydlink Website/Mobile Apps - Add "Enable Motion Detection Now" button to capture motion events on the fly without navigating through the web interface[/url]
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone/iPad) - Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »

Can I please add that I'm happy if the features above make it into the plus app first and trickle down later. Totally understand the developers need to be able too justify the marginal time cost vs revenue, and given the pricing of the + app is not unreasonable at $1 (ie less than a can of coke or a chocolate bar!) I think maybe it's time too add more features to it too justify why people should pay extra for it.

Wish list ideas
- make use of Retina iPad display
- ability to change resolution of the camera settings from the iPad app too suit connection eg if I am overseas and have access too a slow wireless connection then a high quality feed won't help
- ability to temporarily disable notifications or emails remotely (such as when you forget too disable it and don have access to full settings interface but are being bombarded with emails)
- status LED control (sometimes you want to draw attention to the fact you are watching!)

If the above were to only be in the + app along with other wish list ideas above,  please ensure it is both iPhone and iPad compatible (current + app is only available on iPad).
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7