• March 28, 2024, 06:29:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Motion Sensor triggering false alarms  (Read 63750 times)

KARNAG3

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion Sensor triggering false alarms
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »

Westridge: Too bad the DCS-5222L video quality sucks and it is more expensive

pish180

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »

You should call them back and tell them to grab one off the shelf and test it.  They will find the same results! PROMISE.  Tech support commonly gives you a task you cannot complete so it's more hassle than it's worth and then they don't have to do their job.  Typical.  >:(

pish180

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »

I think I have good news.... Pretty sure what is causing the problem.  I think it is the frequency setting.  I set mine to 60hz from the Auto setting and I have not had a false alarm yet!   Must be some kind of bug when it is trying to detect the frequency.

Login -> Setup -> Video -> Light Frequency -> (default is Auto). 

I had a hunch this might be the problem since I kept seeing the until flicker and make popping noises during the false alarms. 

Let me know what you all find.  I will post another update but so far... it's been 5 hours and no false alarms on sound or motion!

KARNAG3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »

So far so good...I'll way 24h to be sure and get back to you guys :) Thanks pish180

KARNAG3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »

With pish180 settings I get less false alarms but I still get like 1 every 2 hours for now reasons :(

pish180

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »

With pish180 settings I get less false alarms but I still get like 1 every 2 hours for now reasons :(

Hrmm... Maybe you can try 50hz? USA power should all be 60hz but I think some florescent lights might run at a lower frequency because of the power supplies.  I'm not an expert electrician but I'm familiar with frequency. 

I will have to confirm whether mine is working properly later this weekend as I was working where the camera was and it spammed my email address and got it locked out.  Great Denial of Service technique...  Add that to my list of Firmware enhancements... Better scheduling and limits in messages per xxx time.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:27:45 AM by pish180 »

Westridge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 05:53:43 AM »

I tried the 60Hz setting a while back and it never made a difference. I will check again to make sure.

KARNAG3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:27 AM »

Last week-end...I tried 50hz, 60hx and auto and I get little less false alarms but I still get some. :-\

pish180

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »

Yeah, it works for a little bit and then continues. I would say overall a little less false alarms as well but still way to many for me to justify using alerts.

Westridge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »

Replaced the 5020L with the 5222L and all is good. The 5020L is defective (or at least the particular one that I own). My wife is bringing the unit back home today and I will troubleshoot with D-Link from here.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 07:01:20 AM »

I just bought this camera as well and I am having the same issues!  False alarms.  I have been fiddling around with the settings for the past week, and 1% still comes back with garbage.   Additionally I get garbled images, some images will have random lines and other will be half black.  There is obviously something wrong with the firmware, I'm quite disappointed that I have spend this much money on this and the sensitivity was not properly tested before the product shipped. I would also like to add... When I listen to the camera live, it shudders and skips and I'm 100% sure it's not my internal network or the internet connection. My cam is on a wired connection so you can't blame wireless interference.

DLINK please release a new BIOS that fixes this ASAP!

I would say it is the garbled images that are causing the false motion detections, not the other way around.

Westridge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 08:06:40 AM »

Absolutely, it's the garbled images that are creating the false detection. I observe the same "noisy" images when the camera is used in at its current location in Toronto as when it was in Florida. This can be determined by viewing a single snapshot that is generated following motion detection.

davidhoang

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »

Has anyone found a solution or any news about this yet? Just got this camera and got the same problem.

fontjc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 03:04:31 AM »

Hello,
The only solution that works is to adjust the image on natural light (sun symbol) and adjust the sensitivity of 5%...  :-[
Regards

davidhoang

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »

Hello,
The only solution that works is to adjust the image on natural light (sun symbol) and adjust the sensitivity of 5%...  :-[
Regards

Mine still having problem after I did this. Any news about the problem?
Pages: 1 [2] 3