• March 28, 2024, 07:19:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517150 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2014, 11:37:31 AM »

1. The ability to stream recorded video files, rather than to have to download each separate recorded video and play it remotely. After all, we can view live video via RTSP in this way, so why not recorded video?

I imagine this would be like a PVR/DVR function and realize this implementation may fatten the firmware beyond of the DCS-942L's firmware bloat limit because it would require several video decoders (the camera only encodes video ATM AFAIK).

Implementation might be through RTSP, or even an IPTV concept where each camera could be a "channel". Could have FF, REW, PAUSE, PLAY features like one would expect.

This is most likely beyond the camera's physical specifications, but I'll add nonetheless...

2. (related to #1) Smart TV app (Samsung, LG, GoogleTV, etc.) to play live or recorded video as streamed video. User controls would be the expected REW, PAUSE, PLAY, FFWD, and a seek slider bar.

Not a firmware upgrade. This is an external app

3. (related to #1) Single frame capture, such as: pause the recorded streamed video and press a "button" and that frame would be saved as a .jpg

Added...

[
4. (related to #1) Streamed recorded video would continue to play each video file in sequence (preferrably without noticeable gaps between each file) until stopped by the user.

Added...

5. Face recognition (and tagging?): this is likely a hardware change, so outside the scope of this camera's abilities.

Probably beyond the camera's physical specifications, but I'll add nonetheless...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to stream recorded video (rather than moving to external storage for playback), including controls for playback, screencapture, and sequential playback of all recorded clips
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • General - Add additional DDNS provider (e.g. no-ip.org)
  • General - Display wireless signal strength on camera web UI status page
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - NCS Plugin for Linux Firefox
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Option to increase the frame size for the LIVE VIDEO feed in the web UI
  • General - Option to select vdeo profile number used on mydlink
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • General - Web UI pre-fetches the fields/content from multiple UI settings pages, causing the deletion of all inputed data if the page is refreshed before saving - Each web UI settings page should independently load/save as a separate URL
  • Audio - Fix intermittent faint clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Bug - Fix "Start Hour is not valid" error when disabling speaker function (see original post here)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Connectivity - Automatic cut-over to secondary wireless radio if first source fails
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Email notification - More detailed error message than "Send failed" for test emails
  • Email Notification - Increase the field length for the email username and password (e.g. 64 or 128 characters)
  • Email Notification -  Option to customize the subject field of the snapshot emails
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • FTP - Support for spaces or %20 in the file path for the Video Clip and Snapshot Setup page
  • FTP - Support for a file path with more than 30 characters
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)
  • IP Filtering - Add option to restrict access to the web UI SETUP section to a specific Administrator IP address (See Screenshot here)
  • Logs - Option to email logs on daily basis
  • Logs - Rather than using the generic message, "An anonymous user is streaming video", insert the mydlink user-id if streaming from mydlink.com, iOS, or Android
  • Mobile - Default to SETUP page rather than LIVE VIDEO page when accessing the UI from a mobile device (i.e. Android devices cannot view the live feed on the LIVE VIDEO page)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased recording time beyond the current 6-minute maximum
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Option to change the file name date format
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • SD Card - Option to lock/unlock deletion of existing files
  • SD Card - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • SD Card - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Option not to send Admin password to mydlink.com
  • Security - Support for passwords containing special characters
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder
  • Storage - Set the default "Files per Page on the "SD Management" page to 100 (rather than 5)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes - Fixed through improved logic [FIXED!]
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

snapperhead

• Level 1 Member
  • Wherever you go.... There you are !
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2014, 07:59:14 PM »

Hi there, I have a wish list entry for the DCS-942L (A1) Firmware.

Like other D-Link Cloud Camera's, we'd really like the option to change / edit the OSD (Date / Time / Camera Name) etc...... It's important to be able to move the OSD from it's default Left Hand Side and to edit such as field / font / color like the other camera's.  An example of why.... my DNS-322L displays it's OSD on the Left Hand Side also, so it is superimposed over the DCS-942L OSD..... very confusing and unreadable for this important info....

Thanks,

Cheers :)
Running an NVR : DNR-322L with 2x dedicated 8Tb WD Survellance Hdd's
Outside >>
DCS-5010L (wifi)
DCS-5020L (wifi)
DCS-942L (wifi)
Inside >>
DCS-931L x2 (wifi)
DCS-933L (cabled)

edw00d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2014, 12:11:49 AM »

- General - NCS Plugin for Linux Firefox

Additional Request:
NCS Plugin for Chrome 64bit and other 64bit browsers

Greets
Ed

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »

Hi there, I have a wish list entry for the DCS-942L (A1) Firmware.

Like other D-Link Cloud Camera's, we'd really like the option to change / edit the OSD (Date / Time / Camera Name) etc...... It's important to be able to move the OSD from it's default Left Hand Side and to edit such as field / font / color like the other camera's.  An example of why.... my DNS-322L displays it's OSD on the Left Hand Side also, so it is superimposed over the DCS-942L OSD..... very confusing and unreadable for this important info....

Thanks,

Cheers :)

Added to the firmware wishlist. . . ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »

- General - NCS Plugin for Linux Firefox

Additional Request:
NCS Plugin for Chrome 64bit and other 64bit browsers

Greets
Ed

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2014, 03:13:30 PM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to stream recorded video (rather than moving to external storage for playback), including controls for playback, screen capture, and sequential playback of all recorded clips
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • General - Add additional DDNS provider (e.g. no-ip.org)
  • General - Display wireless signal strength on camera web UI status page
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - NCS Plugin for Linux Firefox
  • General - NCS Plugin for 64 bit Chrome and other 64 bit browsers
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Option to edit the location of the OSD stamp (e.g. to avoid overlap with DNS-322L OSD)
  • General - Option to increase the frame size for the LIVE VIDEO feed in the web UI
  • General - Option to select vdeo profile number used on mydlink
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • General - Web UI pre-fetches the fields/content from multiple UI settings pages, causing the deletion of all inputed data if the page is refreshed before saving - Each web UI settings page should independently load/save as a separate URL
  • Audio - Fix intermittent faint clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Bug - Fix "Start Hour is not valid" error when disabling speaker function (see original post here)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Connectivity - Automatic cut-over to secondary wireless radio if first source fails
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Email notification - More detailed error message than "Send failed" for test emails
  • Email Notification - Increase the field length for the email username and password (e.g. 64 or 128 characters)
  • Email Notification -  Option to customize the subject field of the snapshot emails
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • FTP - Support for spaces or %20 in the file path for the Video Clip and Snapshot Setup page
  • FTP - Support for a file path with more than 30 characters
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)
  • IP Filtering - Add option to restrict access to the web UI SETUP section to a specific Administrator IP address (See Screenshot here)
  • Logs - Option to email logs on daily basis
  • Logs - Rather than using the generic message, "An anonymous user is streaming video", insert the mydlink user-id if streaming from mydlink.com, iOS, or Android
  • Mobile - Default to SETUP page rather than LIVE VIDEO page when accessing the UI from a mobile device (i.e. Android devices cannot view the live feed on the LIVE VIDEO page)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased recording time beyond the current 6-minute maximum
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Option to change the file name date format
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • SD Card - Option to lock/unlock deletion of existing files
  • SD Card - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • SD Card - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Option not to send Admin password to mydlink.com
  • Security - Support for passwords containing special characters
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder
  • Storage - Set the default "Files per Page on the "SD Management" page to 100 (rather than 5)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes - Fixed through improved logic [FIXED!]
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

bbmak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2016, 10:37:03 PM »

-smb recording storage
-open source firmware

panko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2016, 12:43:22 AM »

Hello,
another suggestion for the next firmware :
SFTP support

Nowadays, many hosting services only allow secure file transfers, and don't support FTP any more.

Thanks !

winny72

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2017, 07:37:59 AM »

FTP - possibility to use characters like "(" in the path as well as in 932L camera

Thanks

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2017, 06:23:19 AM »

WISHLIST
1. add SFTP support
2. FTP add target folder as "PER DAY", current setting on firmware 1.27 is per hour and no other option

sark666

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »

I'm not sure if this is still being updated, but I would like an audio alert option if a speaker is hooked up (I don't think the device alone can make a peep).

Ideally we can upload a wav to the device.  I know space would probably be limited but even if it's something that is small say 500k and can loop x # of times.

If wav/audio file is not possible, then to be able to send a beep.  Hopefully if that is possible indicate how many beeps and maybe being able to set a status period before the event triggers again.

I'm surprised I never hear a request for audio events, the device has speaker support.  Right now I'm mucking with sending an email to a monitored account and having another device monitor that inbox and play whatever if email is from webcam.  But I'm doing this thinking, I wish this thing could beep...

winny72

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2017, 03:20:15 AM »

FTP - possibility to use characters like "(" in the path as well as in 932L camera

Thanks

new firmware release 2.12 but same problem  >:(

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2017, 07:22:41 AM »

I would not use "(" special characters then.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

winny72

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #269 on: June 23, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »

I would not use "(" special characters then.
I already use a dlink DCS-933L that does not cause problems with the font "(" it works perfectly. I use a router with FTP server that has the path that can not modify the character "(" so I'm forced to use it.) I do not understand why Both this difference between the 933L and the 942L. Of course if I had an alternative I would not have made that request.
Regards
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19