• March 29, 2024, 06:06:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Access DCS 942L via DIR 600L  (Read 7136 times)

tqyydn

• Level 1 Member
Access DCS 942L via DIR 600L
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

Hi, I just bought a DIR 600L to make all connection wireless.
Previously my pc and ip cameras were connected via wired router. And can easily change the setting of the ipcamera via its designated ip address.

Once ipcamera connected DIR 600L, i cannot access the ipcamera for setting.

Any body can help how i can access my ipcamera via DIR 600L.?

Thank you

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Access DCS 942L via DIR 600L
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:24:54 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?
  • Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?

Are you trying to access the DCS from the LAN side or a remote location from the WAN side?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have?
  • Check ISP MTU requirements, Cable is usually 1500, DSL is around 1492 down to 1472. Call the ISP and ask. Link>Checking MTU Values
  • For DSL/PPPoE connections on the router, ensure that "Always ON" option is enabled.

Router and Wired Configurations
Some things to try: - Log into the routers web page at 192.168.0.1. Use IE, Opera or FF to manage the router.
  • Turn off ALL QoS or Disable Traffic Shaping (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options, Advanced/QoS or Gamefuel. For the DGL-5500, review this for Streamboost information and settings: Furry's DGL-5500 Review
  • Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual or under Setup/PARENTAL CONTROL/Set to>None: Static IP or Obtain Automatically From ISP.
  • Enable Use Unicasting (compatibility for some ISP DHCP Servers) under Setup/Internet/Manual.
  • Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking. Link>Finding Faster DNS Addresses using Name Bench
  • Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting and maintain consistency for applications that need to connect as well as mapped drives.
  • Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »

Hi, I just bought a DIR 600L to make all connection wireless.
Previously my pc and ip cameras were connected via wired router. And can easily change the setting of the ipcamera via its designated ip address.

Once ipcamera connected DIR 600L, i cannot access the ipcamera for setting.

Any body can help how i can access my ipcamera via DIR 600L.?

Thank you

When you indicate that you can't access your DCS-942L, are you referring to access through the mydlink service or access through the web UI from a PC on the same LAN as the camera (or neither)?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

tqyydn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »

When you indicate that you can't access your DCS-942L, are you referring to access through the mydlink service or access through the web UI from a PC on the same LAN as the camera (or neither)?

I cant access through web UI from PC on the same LAN as the camera. Yet to try via mydlink service as previously all setting were done through web UI. Easier and faster.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »

I cant access through web UI from PC on the same LAN as the camera. Yet to try via mydlink service as previously all setting were done through web UI. Easier and faster.

Do you recall if you used a static IP address when you configured your DCS-942L on your old router? Has your IP address range changed from your old to new router?

Try the procedure on the following post and let us know what you find:
DCS Network Cameras - What is My Network Camera IP Address?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:44:19 AM by JavaLawyer »

tqyydn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »

Do you recall if you used a static IP address when you configured your DCS-942L on your old router? Has your IP address range changed from your old to new router?

Try the procedure on the following post and let us know what you find:
DCS Network Cameras - What is My Network Camera IP Address?

The old ip was 192.168.1.xxx
The new ip is 192.168.0.xxx

Followed the prosedure and the wireless ipcamera not listed at the lan computers menu. Can only find ip address for android and pc but not ip camera.

At the end, i manage to get the ip address for the ip camera via mydlink services through its advance setting. Bookmarked it for easy reference. Problem solved.

But still cannot find the camera ip address through DIR-600L (device info>lan computers).

Thank you very much for your reply and support.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »

• What is the router IP address?
  • What is the IP address range for the DIR-600L? I'm not 100% sure of the DIR-600L web UI page structure, but it may have a path similar to the following: SETUP > NETWORK SETTINGS > DHCP SERVER SETTINGS > DHCP Address Range
  • What is the exact IP address of the DCS-942L?
  • Is the DCS-942 set for "Automatic IP Address under: SETUP > Network > LAN SETTINGS
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:13:30 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 06:29:11 AM »

Any update on this issue?  ???