• March 28, 2024, 10:33:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to connect wireless router with 3G USB Modem?  (Read 14916 times)

webxcrawler

• Level 1 Member
How to connect wireless router with 3G USB Modem?
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:54:41 AM »

Dear all,

On first stage of course i already use search function here and several from major search engine but not help at all.

Story is like this, now i got DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router come out with USB interface (D-Link's SharePort™ Technology) as read on manual "Compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g Devices - The DIR-655 is still fully compatible with the IEEE 802.11b standard, so it can connect with existing 802.11b PCI, USB and Cardbus adapters."

And also i already upgrade firmware (Firmware: 1.32NA Date: 07/20/09) since after read a few review from others that this device user better upgrading firmware due a several issues. So now i would to connect/share internet connection from this device connected with my 3G Celcom USB modem. My 3G Celcom USB modem is ZTE 7.2Mbps 3G Stick Broadband Modem Celcom Broadband

So how we can make it work between this two device? On my DLINK DIR-655 USB setting only have 2 option:

a)Shareport (Share USB devices like printers and storage with all the users on your network with D-Link's SharePort™ Technology)
b)WCN Configuration (configure your wireless network using Windows Connect Now (WCN). WCN allows you to copy your wireless settings from the router to a USB flash drive and use to automatically configure the wireless settings on your computer(s) or other WCN-compatible devices.)

So as far as i understand i have to choose WCN option and it supposed automatically configure/copy wireless setting right? If i not mistake, if internet connection can be sharing just plug n play so that should be no problem. But i cant connected to internet huhuhuhu

So let say if i must configure my internet connection from DIR-655, which mode should i choose? static IP, dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP or else?

So can anyone help me? share your opinion/experience? Any URL can i refer for it?

Thanxs

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: How to connect wireless router with 3G USB Modem?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 05:11:06 AM »

You can't use 3G USB with NA firmware as it does not support 3G.
Only EU or WW firmware has support for some 3G USB sticks.

But you can't flash ww or eu firmware anymore, as you already upgraded to 1.32NA.
There is no downgrade possible to 1,30eu or ww.

webxcrawler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 05:30:59 AM »

You can't use 3G USB with NA firmware as it does not support 3G.
Only EU or WW firmware has support for some 3G USB sticks.

But you can't flash ww or eu firmware anymore, as you already upgraded to 1.32NA.
There is no downgrade possible to 1,30eu or ww.

Thanxs for your reply. Really piss off as well as lack of information from salesman n dealer huhuhu.. and also from provider. Just read from several website, if stick at old firmware still have a chance by tweak it. No more chance if updated with latest firmware. Ermm.. Dlink should think bout downgrade feature.

foxium

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »

I guess they won't. It seems to me the most probable reason why 1.3x cannot be downgraded is the very removal of 3G modem support. May be they are legally threatened and are required to prevent their customers from regaining the 3G tethering feature.

webxcrawler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 09:33:51 AM »

Really frustrated. I just a normal human/user dont want to bother with all of this hassle but if i got a lot of time to bother maybe this issue i will bring it to court to sue then got $$$$ i will buy this Dlink company huhuhuhu