• March 28, 2024, 06:13:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DCS-920 Crashes/Requires Reboot  (Read 31400 times)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-920 Crashes/Requires Reboot
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »

What is it that you are doing with the cameras exactly? Are you running D-ViewCam2 or have them streaming to a website or anything accessing the cameras live at all times? Do you have this issue with only one camera connected wirelessly as well?

Can you ping the cameras from the PC when they appear off-line and can you ping the cameras from the router utility when they appear offline?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:06:17 AM by ECF »
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Mickey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »

I am kind of doing all of that. I am running D-ViewCam and record all the cameras. I also accessing the cameras live through the internet using DynDNS (usually 1 or 2 of the cameras). And I have all 4 of them on my igoogle page - updated every 60 seconds. The cameras are pretty stable ever since I hardwired 3 of them and run firmware 1.03. But I had one camera dropping the connection the other day again (actually a hardwired one). When that happened I could not ping the camera from the PC. I restarted the camera by unplugging it and plugging it back in. After that I tried pinging it from the PC and only every 10th ping or so got a reply. I kind of got fed up and left it. The next morning everything was back to normal for whatever reason. As I said it is unpredictable behaviour for me.

The dropping problem appeared right from the start. At that point I was not running D-ViewCam and I was only accessing the cameras live through the internet. So, I don't think there is a connection.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »

How often would you say a camera would drop off the wireless network? And do you have this issue with only a single camera being accessed locally?

Mickey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »

I would say one of the cameras would at least drop once a day.

I am not sure about your second question. I had only one camera in the beginning and the camera would drop frequently, but I am not sure if I only accessed it locally. I always accessed through the internet I think. This feature was one of the reasons I bought the camera originally.

That's when I thought the cordless phone is the problem and replaced it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:04:48 PM by Mickey »

alantam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 02:29:45 AM »

I have 3 dcs-920's all hard wired via cat5e ... and all 3 become unresponsive in a few hours.  I have upgraded firmware to 1.03, but the problem continues?  I have even even tried a hard reset and reentered all the info

i have static ip's assigned to all camera's... but they are all within the dhcp range, but i have the router set up to never expire lease times... and the router has NOT been reset (so should not be an issue)

I have 30 other dcs-920's in other locations which are working fine...

Strange thing is that the LED light is off when the camera becomes unresponsive,  usally turns red when loses network connection...

setup:  comcast business gateway -> netgear gigabit switch -> dcs-920

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:40:20 AM by alantam »

Mickey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »

I assigned static IPs outside the DHCP range.

The LED lights are off at my cameras too when they become unresponsive. And I also use comcast.

Not sure if comcast has anything to do with it, since the camera is unresponsive locally too, not just through the internet. And as I said they are pretty stable after I hardwired and updated. Last crash was about a week ago or so.

alantam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 10:58:41 AM »

The only location i am having issues with is location w. comcast ...

could be the problem ???

my camera's are hardwired... and all have firmeare 1.03

Mickey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 11:06:35 AM »

I was reading here in the forum that somebody had suddenly problems accessing his cameras through the internet and he had comcast too. He said he called comcast and they didn't change anything on their end. So, he wasn't sure what happened.

If there is a problem with comcast you maybe can try contacting them. In what part of the country are you?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »

I would say one of the cameras would at least drop once a day.

I am not sure about your second question. I had only one camera in the beginning and the camera would drop frequently, but I am not sure if I only accessed it locally. I always accessed through the internet I think. This feature was one of the reasons I bought the camera originally.

That's when I thought the cordless phone is the problem and replaced it.

I would recommend trying it with a single camera now that it is running 1.03 firmware.

unreal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »

Apparently this software doesn't work with Vista 64 bit.  There is another thread about it, and no rebuttal from d-link staff so I guess it's true.  I'll be at Best Buy tomorrow morning when they open to get my refund.  Dunno if this helps anyone here; I didn't see any mention of what OS you're using.. and I guess if it has been running as long as it seems like it has for some of you folks then maybe it's not the issue, but just thought I'd mention it here.

Mickey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 05:53:14 PM »

There is even a youtube video about this issue! It shows exactly what I am experiencing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYDXds9B90Y

I am tired of trying different things. I want part of my money back!

unreal: I am using XP
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:59:18 PM by Mickey »

wedjohn57

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 08:28:27 PM »

can i update firmware via wifi?

Mickey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »

It is not recommended. I did it anyway and it worked.

wedjohn57

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 08:38:09 PM »

thanks for your info. anyway, all the setting will gone after flash? if yes, mean i nid to flash via wired or else it cant connect back to wireless.

Mickey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »

NO, you will keep all your settings. It updates and everything is the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4