• April 27, 2024, 06:00:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA 125 & Windows XP service pack 3  (Read 16725 times)

mustang_froch

• Level 1 Member
DWA 125 & Windows XP service pack 3
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:35:12 PM »

Is there a problem with D link Wireless 150 USB DWA-125 and Windows xp service pack 3?

man

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA 125 & Windows XP service pack 3
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:09:11 AM »

Yes, I had problem with installation. It is looks like that original installer doesn't have correct drivers.
So after installation it can't find device.

blucreed

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 10:17:57 AM »

hello everyone,

my room mate had the same problem after some wanna be had reformatted his laptop and installed winxp but did not bother to check if the d-link dwa-125 would work, arrrgh! so i had to come to the rescue to repair the problem, my room mate didn't bother to ask me to do the reformatting since she know i was too busy.

so to make the story short, i eneded up helping her anyways, should have done it when she first asked!

while looking for a solution i found this post, no answers so i wanted to post it here, (i only registered here to help you guys, i might not visit this site again, the step is:

1. Download the new driver "1.20 HW A1" http://www.dlink.com.ph/support/Support_download.asp?idsupport=784

2. Make sure to un-install al previous versions you have previously installed, after un-install restart your pc then delete all remaining uninstalled folders

3. install the driver you downloaded, it will prompt you to plug the d-link, there are times it will not blink, so you have to redo the process of removing and inserting it again until it blinks, then proceed the installation.

4. If #3 did not prompt your d-link to blink, download an updated version of your network drivers depending in our model. Make sure you do this from the official website

5. repeat process #3, click refresh button while re-doing this process

6. It should work now, i got my friends working great

regards,
bluecreed

blucreed

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 06:12:32 AM »

again, i reformatted her pc and found another way to install it, shortcut style:

1. make sure to uninstall previous versions and restart pc
2. download the driver, do not install, browse it with folder winxp driver
3. insert the usb dwa-125 and a prompt should say look for driver at website and another option to choose location
4. add the location of the driver to winxp to the driver installation then click ok.
5. it will install the driver and you can now use the dwa-125 without having the program d-link installed

cheers ! great!  ;)