• March 29, 2024, 08:37:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: micro SD card size  (Read 21580 times)

jaime3693

• Level 1 Member
micro SD card size
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »

I have a DCS-942L and was hoping someone might know what the largest size micro SD card that can be used in this camera to record on.

jims123

• Level 1 Member
Re: micro SD card size
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »

Me too..   same question :D :D

jims123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »

Actually .. I do have a different question... This is my 1st wireless cam and I have only one day's experience with it and have NOT yet gone thru all the settings.  I see many are only available when connected via ethernet thru my router using the DLINK 1.01 s/w and a Browser.   I find it odd that Google's Chrome browser would lock up each time I hit "Settings", but IE 9 worked fine.   

I am assuming that once triggered to start recording to the SD Micro chip that it will record in h.264 format and will loop the recording indefinately if / or as you run out of memory.. is this correct?

.. If so,  getting a large chip makes little sense if say it will always start continuously over-writing the recorded file after say 2 Gigs or 4 Gigs of memory is used, or after a set time interval of say the last 30 minutes . is this how it works?   if so, what is the best size and class CL-10 CL-6? chip to get?

I would also like to be sure that as i unplug the power connector from the cam (so i can extract the chip).. . or as i simply pop the chip out of the cam while it's ON.. that the active recorded video file is closed properly.. How else should i  I get it out of the cam??    Regards, Jims

hobozombie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »

Regarding the card size, see this forum post for additional information:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=46130.0

Regarding removing the card, until additional information is known on how the card is used, I would hold off removing the card while the camera is powered on. Safer to just unplug the power before removal. I just got my camera today and plan on installing a 16GB Class 4 card I happen to have laying around.

jims123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »

Hello zombie,
thanks for the reply.. I had a chance to look at the 1.01 Build 903 SETUP options about this record mode a little (but I have no chip for the cam yet to test this) .. i also put a 32GB CL4 chip on order) but it apears to me that it may only record multiple snapshots / or perhaps a video clip of a fixed / relatively short duration with a 5 second -pre trigger and 10 second Post OFF trigger around movement activity setting it off .. and then lack of movenent AOTO stopping the recording .. if that is so, That is even better!  And,  I'll likely use the BIG micro SD in a different 808 No. 11 or 16 keychain camera ..  anyway I'm eager  to get this video recording feature nailed down and working and would love to compare notes on your experiences doing so.. Thanks JimS   

jims123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »

After a RESET and reload.. I was able to get the SD Record feature to work,, and with the default settings it records about 15 seconds at a time then pauses briefly and captures another 15 seconds or so and saved chunks to the memory chip after sending a snapshot of the 1st bit of movement triggering it..

I got a 32Gb chip but will use a much smaller one in the cam since it's not necessary (I think) to record what is likely and hours worth of video if there is a break-in.. I have no interest in say watching a baby roll around for long periods..( and no baby here:)

Regards, JimS