The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-936L

936L Disconnecting(sorta)

(1/2) > >>

PeepMe:
Greetings!

I'm quite perplexed... I have 2 DCS-934L cameras as well as 1 DCS-936L.
I recently had an issue (couldn't get it to link to my mydlink account otherwise worked fine) with 1 of the 934L cameras which was easily resolved once I was put on the right path.

In the last few weeks, the 936L appears to disconnect. In the mydlink app there is a red x next to this camera, in the app I use to view all cameras (tinycam) it has camera failed. HOWEVER, when I look in my router settings it has the camera as listed as a connected device. The RSSI level is -63 which is the same as the other cameras that are working properly.

* I have unplugged and plugged back in, it works for about 5-7 minutes and the cycle repeats.
I have reset the camera and the same thing happens it works for 507 minutes (maybe 10) and then "disconnects"
Is there anything else I can try??

Thanks a bunch!

FurryNutz:
What router are you using now? Last time you posted you had a Xfinity Wireless Gateway 3 /TG1682G.
Is uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding enabled on the cameras?
Test the 936L online while the other two cameras are unplugged from there power outlet.
FW up to date on the 936L?

PeepMe:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on February 15, 2019, 12:24:46 PM ---What router are you using now? Last time you posted you had a Xfinity Wireless Gateway 3 /TG1682G.
Test the 936L online while the other two cameras are unplugged from there power outlet.

--- End quote ---

Hey FurryNutz! Thanks for the response.

Yup same router.
I will check if it is enabled on this one it is not on the 934Ls
Yes, firmware up to date.
Ok, I will do that test and get back to you...

PeepMe:

--- Quote from: PeepMe on February 15, 2019, 12:27:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: FurryNutz on February 15, 2019, 12:24:46 PM ---What router are you using now? Last time you posted you had a Xfinity Wireless Gateway 3 /TG1682G.

--- End quote ---

Hey FurryNutz! Thanks for the response.

Yup same router.
I will check if it is enabled on this one it is not on the 934Ls
Yes, firmware up to date.
Ok, I will do that test and get back to you...

--- End quote ---

Ok only uPnP was checked
unplugged 934Ls and rebooted the 936L
The same thing happened except it lasted a bit longer. Approximately 12 minutes.
Should I check  uPnP Port Forwarding as well?
What's the connection?

Thanks

FurryNutz:
uPnP PF is only needed with you have two or more cameras online at the same time if I remember right.
What router are you using now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version