• April 18, 2024, 05:05:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: wii issue  (Read 3973 times)

DiMascio

wii issue
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:15:17 PM »

i've seen other posts similar to this, but i figured i'd give it a whirl since i didn't see any solutions.
about every 4 minutes, my wii will give this message to my log:
[INFO] Tue Dec 18 22:02:08 2007 Wireless system with MAC address *** associated
immediated followed by this one:
[WARN] Tue Dec 18 22:02:09 2007 A network computer (Wii) was assigned the IP address of ***.
about an average of 10 seconds later i get this one:
[INFO] Tue Dec 18 22:02:20 2007 Wireless system with MAC address *** disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.
and 4 minutes later it repeats.  any clues as to why?  is there something special i need to do with the wii?  i was able to log onto it this afternoon, and i was doing online stuff on it for at least 15 minutes, so i really don't understand what's going on.
i have DIR-655 hardware A3 firmware 1.10, security mode is WPA/WPA2 - personal
please help me!!!
thanks!

ok nevermind i think ive got it figured out.  i changed my security mode to only WPA2 and my wii has been connected for the last 13 minutes  :o longest ever.  i went to the wii tech support site and in their manual online setup directions, it lists WEP, WPA, or WPA2, but no WPA/WPA2 combo, so i thought that might be the problem, and apparently it is.  so for all you wii owners out there, change your security settings!
by the way LOVE THE DIR-655!!!!
thanks!!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:06:51 PM by DiMascio »