• April 23, 2024, 04:32:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: PS3 M2TS streaming issue with PS3 latest firmware  (Read 5693 times)

skweez

• Level 1 Member
PS3 M2TS streaming issue with PS3 latest firmware
« on: October 11, 2008, 11:22:07 AM »

I have a PS3 with the latest firmware, and a DNS-323 with the latest firmware.  I cannot stream M2TS format files, which are native PS3.  I can burn those files to a DVD and they work fine, but the PS3 won't even see them on my DNS.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I'm hearing that its an issue with the latest PS3 firmware.  Does anyone know of a way to fix this or if a fix is on the way?  I kind of bought the DNS-323 to be like a PVR, but in this sense, if I can't stream the HD content, it kind of defeats the purpose...

Thanks.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: PS3 M2TS streaming issue with PS3 latest firmware
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »

This would be due to the DNS-323 UPnP AV media server not supporting this file type. The PS3 will only be able to see files supported in the UPnP AV media server other will be as if they do not exist on the drives. I would recommend converting your video files to a more commonly supported file type such as .avi, mpeg1/2/4, DivX, Xvid or wmv.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

OldManJoe

Re: PS3 M2TS streaming issue with PS3 latest firmware
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:38:21 PM »

The DNS-321/323 UPnP AV server does not seem to support all video formats currently supported by the PS3.  I have many HD video files in .m2ts format, which stream just fine from my Windows XP WMP 11 box to the PS3. But they cannot be seen on the UPnP AV connection from the the DNS-321. The DNS-321 only shows my converted lower resolution .mpg files. The DNS-321 should not claim to support PS3 DLNA UPnP AV streaming unless it can handle all PS3 DLNA video formats. I do not consider conversion of HD videos from .m2ts to another format, such as .mpg, to be a reasonable option for most folks. Hopefully the firmware engineers will be able to fix this issue very soon, before many potential customers are lost
due to lack of compatability with PS3, XBOX, or other DLNA UPnP media players.

I have also observed that if file of an "unsupported format" exist in the DNS UPnP folder tree, the UPnP AV server refresh often seems to stop scanning, so all files do not show up on the PS3 or other DLNA media player.